Code of Conduct

Default Marc Jacobs vs. Paul Smith London ?

Inspired by Scentimus' thread about PS London I would like to ask (again!) how you compare these two to each other?

I own London and have tested MJ a few times and I think they have very much in common but I really like this kind of scent so if MJ is not toooooo close to London I will definitely buy it.

What do you think?

Mic.

Default Re: Marc Jacobs vs. Paul Smith London ?

I'm not going to be able to help much... but I was intrigued by the comparison because I just strip tested London at Nortstrom last weekend and walked out with a tester vial. MJ is one of my favorite scents ... In the shop, I made no connection between the two. But, after reading the comparison here today I 'sniffed the vial' to reaquaint and could somewhat sense what was associating the two. But Jacobs has that early dominating fig note that Smith does not... That is something people seem to either love or hate. If they dry down similarly (I will try the sample this week with this in mind....) it is the fig that makes the difference... I LOVE that initial note.

Default Re: Marc Jacobs vs. Paul Smith London ?

I can see the comparison, however I would classify MJ as a light musky fig while London is much darker, brandy, coconuts, vetiver and yes some figs.
    Marc Jacobs top notes are great, but the drydown really is a synthetic mess, awfully short longevity as well. Wouldn´t buy either, but hold on to your PS and skip the MJ.

MMM