Code of Conduct

Default LV Aqua di Colonia or Aqua di Parma original?

In your opinion, which of these are the best? I have a sample of LV but it has been a while since I have smells the ADP at a counter and memory seems to be connecting these as very similar scents. So, if one had to differentiate, which one would be the way to go based on design and complexity? If you do not like either one, I threw in Lolita to give you the option as protesting against these two scents!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LV Aqua di Colonia or Aqua di Parma original?

LV is much spicier, actually it's the famous LV note. Very good one. Of Acqua di Parma I prefer the Colonia Assoluta by far. There's also the Santa Maria Novella Colonia, which has a slightly medicinal touch, but doesn't last at all I was told .....

Colonia Assoluta is the one that lasts and lasts, if you're looking for one that lasts. The longevity of LV could be better, but that's what Roll On's are made for. (I'm so in love with my new empty Roll On's!)

Keep on 'rollin' - Henry! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

Villoresi´s cologne is one of the best on the market. What separates it from countless others is its very good longevity, probably the kölnisch wasser that lasts the longest of all on the market. Although AdP´s Assoluta is a very strong contender as well, less rose than in the original, a prolonged zestiness and a touch of herbs to set it apart, marvelous stuff. Doesn´t hurt that the packaging is flawless as well.

The Villoresi sports a classic recipe with sage balancing all the lovely citrus oils, also the drydown is masculinely musky and with a hint of rosemary like Eau Sauvage and many others. It keeps its freshness for hours though unlike 4711 and Farina et al where the citrus fades in minutes - one of Villoresis finest and a true testimony to his craftsmanship - buy it!

MMM

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have to reconsider the longevity of LV - Acqua di Colonia. I own a bottle, but haven't used it much yet.

So maybe you're right and it lasts a pretty long time. Happy SURPRISE. [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

As always with longevity etc this might be completely reserved for my chemistry, but I do think that the LV has a much longer citrus-part on everyone compared to Orange Verte, Monsieur Balmain etc. The only other that I can think of that has a very durable lemon section is Eau de Rochas Pour Homme - another stunning fragrance.

MMM

Post Thanks / Like

My vote for LV Aqua di Colonia

Post Thanks / Like

LV here. Gave me no reason to wear the AdP anymore so I gave it to my brother.