Code of Conduct

Default Hugo Boss Soul--A Newbie's View

Hi Everybody,

Newbie here on the forum, just wanted your input on this fragrance. I myself like it a lot, especially the first moment it hits the skin, I smell a complex and contrasting concoction of citrus, woods, and ambery-musky notes all melding together. I'm walking taller the first few minutes when wearing this fragrance. On the whole, it's great, I'm a fan of the fragrance's top and middle notes, I feel the drydown is rather quick, it's a sweet ambery smell for most of the day, although I would recommend this more for an evening fragrance because of it's quick drydown.

I'm a guy who mostly likes green citrus and woody fragrances...I think Chanel Allure Homme Sport is the best remake of the classic scent.

And why is it that I really appreciate the smell of Polo Blue in the air and want to gag when I spray it on myself???

Worst recent scent? Romance Silver...what were they thinking?

Gucci Pour Homme is aromatherapy for me...makes me relaxed yet focused...okay, and a bit sensual [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=huh.gif] [smiley=huh.gif]

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Hugo Boss Soul--A Newbie's View

Welcome iMaverick, nice review!

/MMM

Hi welcome to basenotes iMaverick. Yes, Boss soul is very sweet to get along during the day. I happened to buy a bottle without really understanding how strong it was. What I do now is spray myself very heavily before a light shower and a very pleasent sweet ambery smell remains. [When you have perfume that will last you a 100 years, you will have to be creative in using them up [smiley=laugh.gif]]
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Welcome!

I came *this* close to buying a bottle of Boss Soul. I like it--at 1st smell it reminded me a little bit of Visit. At any rate, I decided to wait for the opportunity to get Baldessarini on sale.

I agree with your assessment of Gucci PH. One of my all-time faves.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    Hi welcome to basenotes iMaverick. Yes, Boss soul is very sweet to get along during the day. I happened to buy a bottle without really understanding how strong it was. What I do now is spray myself very heavily before a light shower and a very pleasent sweet ambery smell remains. [When you have perfume that will last you a 100 years, you will have to be creative in using them up [smiley=laugh.gif]]
    Thanks for the welcome, sentient. Hehe, that's a good way of taking the fire out of this fragrance! I'm not sure either how I will get through a whole bottle of this. I'm glad this fragrance is not as sickly sweet as Chanel Allure--as much as Allure is an all time fave of mine, I literally get dizzy from it's sweetness (I might do the "shower" trick with this one). I was ever so glad they did it right by lightening it up with their Sport line, which I will forever keep running back for and will commit suicide if they ever stop making it! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    Welcome!

I came *this* close to buying a bottle of Boss Soul. I like it--at 1st smell it reminded me a little bit of Visit. At any rate, I decided to wait for the opportunity to get Baldessarini on sale.

I agree with your assessment of Gucci PH. One of my all-time faves.
    Hello Scentsei! I too would've bought Baldessarini since if was on sale here. I like that one too! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Gosh, I totally forgot about Visit when I was looking, I actually like it more since it has stronger wood notes. I just checked the Directory and compared the fragrances and gee whiz, now I understand how 'bottom heavy' the Soul fragrance is! I think I'll go check out ebay for some surplus clearance of Visit.

Gucci PH--when I immediately identified frankincense (orris) in this fragrance, I immediately decided this was a keeper! It's simplicity keeps this fragrance original, it's composition also made it an instant classic. It seems these elements keep this fragrance around the longest, much like Acqua di Parma, Knize 10, d'Orange Verte, Bel Ami to name a few. Some might argue that these scents shout "old man". I'm 35, and I think these fragrances say "refined and sophisticated" to me. [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Welcome to the family, IMaverick!

Gucci Pour Homme and Bel Ami are both incredible to me as well. I'll always have 'em around!

Now you got me thinking of trying that Allure sport...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??