Code of Conduct

Thread: Herrera Aqua

Default Herrera Aqua

I know aquatic scents is not that popular at basenotes, but I like them, they're really good for summer-use. So what about this one from Carolina? Based on her earlier work, I think this could be a good one, but I haven't found it yet. Anyone who's tried it? And what did you think?

Default Re: Herrera Aqua

I think it's a rather boring scent. There are better aquatic scents out there like Bvlgari Aqva and L'eau D'issey.

Aqua is a well balanced, subtle fragrance. I really like it. It's fresh and non offending! It's not spicy as Aqua Quorum and doesn't have that bubble gum smell of Acqua di Gió. I don't remember smelling too much sweetness in this one, maybe just some slight sweetness provided by lavender and musk. I appreciate the bamboo and other aquatic notes too. A lot of people here are going to say it's a boring scent, but depending on the situation you intend to wear it, as summer, for example, It's perfect. It's the kind of fragrance that people have to come closer to notice. Go for it!

Herrera's Aqua is not really aquatic, it's a rather soft and sweet smell on me. I thought it was very blah, common and middle of the road, despite all the rave reviews here.

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom
    Herrera's Aqua is not really aquatic.....
    I completely agree. I bought it and was disappointed. It's not a bad scent, but it doesn't fit with my picture of what an aquatic smells like.

In my opinion, Issey, Aqua di Gio, and Bvlgari Aqva are each better choices.

Cheers,
    Jim

I don't find it boring at all. It the most unique of the marine aqua scents it not middle of the road rehash of the Aqua di Gio or Issey.

This one can stand right up next to Dali's Laguna.

I personally do not like this and therefore cannot justify a purchase.

To me, Herrera Aqua is misnamed. I don't get any marine or aquatic notes at all. It is, as has been pointed out, a very soft, somewhat sweet musky fragrance--along the lines of Burberry Touch. I think it's quite nice, epecially for evening/romantic wear.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I don't find it boring at all. *It the most unique of the marine aqua scents it not middle of the road rehash of the Aqua di Gio or Issey.

This one can stand right up next to Dali's Laguna.
    Ditto!

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

EEEK! NOT LAGUNA! That stuff is rancid. Has that vile heavily synthetic sweet note running all the way through.

I was looking forward to Herrera Aqua, not so sure now [smiley=undecided.gif]

Maybe it's just me but I find no aquatic notes in L'eau d'Issey but think that Herrera Aqua does atleast resemble an aquatic fragrance. My .02

I like it because it does veer off into a different direction. There are so many "Blue", water-themed fragrances now, many of which seem to just sit on the skin with no evolution. On me, this one changes quite a bit, going from watery-fresh to warm and woody over a prolonged period of time.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Just got this today! Not out in the UK yet but www.dutyfreeperfume.co.uk are selling testers! WOO HOO!

Me likes, me likes lots. Hot and cold all at once! I love the new twist on the aquatic style, smells like a nocturnal aquatic to me. As in being out by the sea at night, in a bar with the hint of local flowers in the breeze.

Much niceness and a big *[smiley=thumbsup.gif] here!

UPDATE!

Not so sure I'm liking the way this is settling on me [smiley=undecided.gif] Theres a hint o that overly sweet note that I can't stand. Hmmm

Nope, didn't care for it...although really thought she should've used the 212 on Ice limited ed. as her "Aqua"

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!