Code of Conduct

Thread: Chic vs 212

Default Chic vs 212

Man, I just took a trip to the store and smelled a couple things. One of them was Chic by Carolina Herrera. My first thought:

"Since when did they start packaging 212 in a square glass bottle?"

Is it just me, or do these two smell VERY similar? What's up with Herrera? Are they obsessed with remaking 212 again and again?
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default Re: Chic vs 212

As I remember, 212 is more of grassy green fragrance while Chic is more fruity. I prefer Chic over 212.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

i love CHIC, this is more fruity spicy...not so sweet at all,.. for me its very comfortable, sensual and charming...and yeah, girls love it.. !

i prefer 212 h2o.. more watery and subtle... [smiley=wink.gif]

I just smelled Chic this week and noted that the first notes grassy notes coming at you are very similar to the ones from 212, but I always thought 212 turned too flowery after a while and couldn't really stand it on the drydown. But with Chic it was a totally different and more pleasent experience. I will have to try it again to be able to take note of the differences and changes though.

I think CHIC is better!!!

I own both of these and think they are both great. I wear the 212 often because it is the more fresh of the two and the Chic can be a little "sweet" for the hot weather. They both get a lot of compliments.

I don't like Chic. Too floral.

this is a terrible description but i think of Chic as fruity with a dry musk drydown thats kinda close to Burberry Touch. i think of 212 as floral with a 'sweaty'/metallic musk.

i think 212 is a little easier to wear. Chic seems a bit dressy sometimes

CHIC is totally better

I agree that there is a similarity, A Herrera house-accord if you will. However as 212 turns very floral, Chic definitely goes fruity. I also agree with the observations made in the past that Chic is very similar to Millesime Imperial. It´s my least favoured Creed next to Royal Water and the watermelon note is very much alike to the one in Chic. The Creed goes awfully bitter in the basenotes though and if you´re a fan of this genre then Chic is a mut buy.

MMM

212 is musky spice ambery woody with a floral (gardenia) green bamboo note.

Chic for men is woody oriental, fresh fruity (watermelon) with a suede special note.

oh yeah, that note of watermelon in Chic is easy to destinguish, but it works good imo!

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    oh yeah, that note of watermelon in Chic is easy to destinguish, but it works good imo!
    And doesn't that watermelon note remind you of some of Creed's offerings, at least for a few minutes hmmm?