Code of Conduct

Default Hugo Energise (yawn)

The new Boss fragrance Hugo Energise is on sale in Germany!

And I'm really, really err.... I don't know what I am, let me describe the fragrance:

Well, this fragrance seems almost undescribable to me. Although I have a list of the notes, I'm not able to detect even one of them properly. The first thing that came to my mind was: "Oh my god, Boss is the new Armani!"

Energise smells so much like all recent (all male) Boss releases (except maybe for the Baldessarini scents). It's the same thing as with the latest Armani frags, smell one, know 'em all. It seems that Boss wants their fragrances to be instantly recognisable now. I did a blind test with four of my co-workers. All of them recognised it at once as a Boss scent, two even recognised it as a Hugo scent.

Energise is like an updated version of the original Hugo, a Hugo 2.0. I can't even say if it's more fruity, more spicy or more woody than it's predecessor. It's just another Hugo. And I have smelled it more than just once, for three days I tried to get behind it's secret but, no luck.

The positive aspects: Everyone will love it. It smells "good", no doubt. Fragrance newbies or the "I only wear Boss, I'm not gay, one scent is enough" crowd (trust me, these people exist, there are thousands of them out there) will go mad about it. And why not, it is a pleasant fragrance. But it's so f*%&ing boring.
    The bottle design is quite nice, the spray mechanism is well done and the covered tube looks good. And the "fire-extinguisher red" of the box is a real eyecatcher on the shelf.

Maybe I will write another review if I can describe the fragrance a little better...

Default Re: Hugo Energise (yawn)

I like absolutely nothing from Hugo Boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    The new Boss fragrance Hugo Energise is on sale in Germany!

And I'm really, really err.... I don't know what I am, let me describe the fragrance:

Well, this fragrance seems almost undescribable to me. Although I have a list of the notes, I'm not able to detect even one of them properly. The first thing that came to my mind was: "Oh my god, Boss is the new Armani!"

Energise smells so much like all recent (all male) Boss releases (except maybe for the Baldessarini scents). It's the same thing as with the latest Armani frags, smell one, know 'em all. It seems that Boss wants their fragrances to be instantly recognisable now. I did a blind test with four of my co-workers. All of them recognised it at once as a Boss scent, two even recognised it as a Hugo scent.

Energise is like an updated version of the original Hugo, a Hugo 2.0. I can't even say if it's more fruity, more spicy or more woody than it's predecessor. It's just another Hugo. And I have smelled it more than just once, for three days I tried to get behind it's secret but, no luck.

The positive aspects: Everyone will love it. It smells "good", no doubt. Fragrance newbies or the "I only wear Boss, I'm not gay, one scent is enough" crowd (trust me, these people exist, there are thousands of them out there) will go mad about it. And why not, it is a pleasant fragrance. But it's so f*%&ing boring.
    The bottle design is quite nice, the spray mechanism is well done and the covered tube looks good. And the "fire-extinguisher red" of the box is a real eyecatcher on the shelf.

Maybe I will write another review if I can describe the fragrance a little better...
    Your description is enough, it doesn't appear to be exciting, I can quickly tell that this is not for me, hence I yawn in unison...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Tried this one yesterday and was also extremely disappointed. Hugo Energise is just boring. I liked the original Hugo, but this new juice is blah and expressionless. On the other hand, as Timothy mentioned, it's non-offending and a safe scent for ...boring activities.

I despise this house.

I love Hugo Boss Sport which is discontinued. Was one of my signatures many years ago and i miss it dearly now. Sigh...

hoooooo.... i thought to make a post about the new hugo... great that i know some details about it... anyway i want to smell it... (i love hugo fragances [smiley=rolleyes.gif])

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    I despise this house.
    I'm glad you despise this house! Thanks for the Boss Elements Aqua. I love it!*[smiley=grin.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I have to say Soul was a winner in my book!

They really don't release a lot of the Hugo run offs over here in the US. Hugo is popular and I think they are afraid they might confuse the youngsters...

i have and love Boss Bottled and the original Hugo.

all their newer stuff bores me. especially Boss in motion and the new Energise...
    m

I LOVE IT!

Nothing ground breaking but a welcome version of my fave Hugo!

Sexy as hell [smiley=happy.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    I LOVE IT!

the new ENERGISE???? could you write a better description??
    [smiley=huh.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Urobian
    [quote author=CoL link=1121778701/0#10 date=1122100230]I LOVE IT!

the new ENERGISE???? *could you write a better description??
    [smiley=huh.gif]
    [/quote]
    A light fruity aquatic start with just a tiny hint of spice. Settles down a little sweeter, dryer and rather sexy me thinks!

Nothing ground breaking, just plain ole fresh n sexy IMO!