Code of Conduct

Default My new favorite Vetiver??..Fragonard...

I have owned several vetiver's and mostly used Guerlain. Not any more...I picked up a 100ml bottle of Fragonard Vetyver and it made my socks roll up and down my legs...I am interested in other opinions/comparisons....

Default Re: My new favorite Vetiver??..Fragonard...

Quote Originally Posted by hopdog
    I am interested in other opinions/comparisons....
    Let's start with yours then. How would you describe it?
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

pleasssssssssssssse

As beeing the fragonard GOUROUUU let me help you.

I would describe this Vetiver as a YOUNG CLASSIC and I explain it is Ultra classic with some up to date styling and that is fragonard !

I think that it is the balance between the Pine and Lemon that makes it unique very refreshing and smart at the same time.

It does last a long long time on you a Modern Classic Masculin WINNER !!!

LAURENT

Invisible Power

I've got a bottle of this and I'm on the fence about it. I'd also like to read Hopdog's thoughts and opinions on it, so I hope he's around to fill us all in.

Laurent is going to make me wear this one again very soon, and I might take it with me for vacation since it's in a metal bottle and I have a lot of it.

It's okay. It's simple. I don't know where all the vetiver in it is. It is linear to me and heavy on a bergamot binge with tobacco elements. It isn't the same but it reminds me of Roger & Gallet's fine L'Homme. Simple, masculine, fresh, and modern. With neither beginning nor end.

My girlfriend really goes for it. When I left it at her place she used it herself for at least a week stright. It seemed sweeter on her, and almost gourmand. Something almost like chocolate came out of it--nothing like how it smells on my skin.

I respect Laurent's comments and thoughts on this very much, and I'm going to try this vetiver out again and again thinking of Laurent every time, but I think right now that the scent is more youth market than anything. Sort of without art. I have to think about the pine Laurent mentioned especially.

Oh, and if you're in the US as I am you have to internet order this from Fragonard in France to get it. If you do it comes very cheap. I paid about US$45 for 200ml plus international one week shipping charges somewhere near US$27, but I also got 200ml of Santal and a large bottle of Soleil for my mom. Works out beautifully inexpensive.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    I think that it is the balance between the Pine and Lemon that makes it unique very refreshing and smart at the same time.
    Enough for me to put it on the shortlist - Laurent and Chris, how does this one compare to, say, Vetiver Extraordinaire and Guerlain's?
    Lovesick the wind that carries it