Code of Conduct

Default New:Inter Parfums debuts its first Lanvin creation

French fragrance manufacturer Inter Parfums SA is introducing its first fragrance for French brand Lanvin, for which it acquired the license in July 2004. Arpège pour Homme will be the second men’s scent to join the franchise after Lanvin Homme, launched in 1997.

Although Inter Parfums intends to keep the “originality and substance” of the Lanvin brand intact, it aims to add a modern, contemporary appeal. The launch also marks a move to develop the brand’s men’s portfolio.

The sales objective (ex-factory) for the launch has been set at €4m-€5m by the end of the fiscal year (December 2005), Inter Parfums Luxury & Fashion division president Frédéric Garcia-Pelayo tells Cosmeticnews.com. The objective (ex-factory) worldwide for the whole Lanvin fragrance brand is between €28m and €30m by year-end.

Arpège pour Homme is scheduled to arrive in global markets from September, supported by magazine advertising and sampling. In selected countries, a joint marketing effort between Inter Parfums and French musician Claude Challe, whereby a four-track CD will be given away with the purchase of the 100ml EdT, will be introduced (France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, the UK and maybe the US).

The line comprises 30ml, 50ml and 100ml EdTs, priced €35, €45 and €60 respectively, a 100ml aftershave spray (€45), 150ml aftershave balm (€22), and 150ml body and hair shower gel (€20).

from cosmeticnews.com

Default Re: New:Inter Parfums debuts its first Lanvin crea

I've been waiting for this launch for a long, long time. I'm very excited about this scent.....Hope that this is not a BIG let down...
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Arpege pour homme! That's a very courageous move even though we have Opium homme, Allure homme, etc. But Arpege is one of the greatest classics, considered as one of the top five. Will it set a trend, and we will see No. 5 pour homme, Shalimar pour homme, Joy pour homme and L'air du Tempes pour homme?

Quote Originally Posted by elektriqueblue
    Arpège pour Homme will be the second men’s scent to join the franchise after Lanvin Homme, launched in 1997.
    I make it the third:

1. Oxygene Homme (2001)
    2. Vetyver L'Homme (2003)
    3. Arpege Pour Homme (2005)

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope it's going to be the best fragrance launch in 2005 [smiley=wink.gif]

Can anyone talk a little about the original Arpege? I know nothing about it..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes
    [quote author=elektriqueblue link=1121774250/0#0 date=1121774249]Arpège pour Homme will be the second men’s scent to join the franchise after Lanvin Homme, launched in 1997.
    I make it the third:

1. Oxygene Homme (2001)
    2. Vetyver L'Homme (2003)
    3. Arpege Pour Homme (2005)[/quote]

Oxygene and Vetyver are not going to be produced anymore, Inter-Parfums streamlined the Lanvin offering.

http://www.cosmeticnews.com/images/p...epourhomme.jpg

that's quite the bottle they've designed. really not what i was expecting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by haydn
    http://www.cosmeticnews.com/images/parfums/lanvin_arpegepourhomme.jpg

that's quite the bottle they've designed. *really not what i was expecting at all.

Wow! That cool its like a modern version of the classic black ball of the women's Arpege. I wish they would have included the classic logo of mother and daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    [quote author=haydn link=1121774250/0#6 date=1121796980]http://www.cosmeticnews.com/images/parfums/lanvin_arpegepourhomme.jpg

that's quite the bottle they've designed. *really not what i was expecting at all.

Wow! That cool its like a modern version of the classic black ball of the women's Arpege. *I wish they would have included the classic logo of mother and daughter.[/quote]

My thoughts excactly. That would have been cool. And I wish they would relaunch Scandal.

The mother and daughter logo is on the box though. Veeery tiny logo.

The original Arpége is a classic aldehydic fragrance. Smells a bit like Chanel No.5 (but better IMO).