Code of Conduct

Default Who Knows John Sterling?

I was at my newly found perfume store near Seattle and the SA pushed this one on me, telling me it was one of his favorites of the 100s of scents he had.

It is made by "Vapro Int" which is Italian.

It comes in a faux leather case enclosed in a box. The bottle is a beautiful and simple and the juice is a dark blue.

This is not an expensive frag. I bought a 3.4 ouncer for 25 bucks and have found it online for a little less.

This one is really unique, quite unlike anything I have smelled. It is spicy with notes I simply cannot place.

As I am terrible at describing frags, I hope someone else can! My overall impression is very nice.

Default Re: Who Knows John Sterling?

Oops, ignore my post. I think I misread the orignal.

I do own this scent.... Have not used this in a while. I have a very small bottle...1 oz. I do believe.
    This is a wonderful scent. Have never read what notes make this scent. As far as I am concerned, this is a great find and a very enjoyable scent. You will find this in many Mom and Pop stores and stores that focus on hard to find scents. I 1st saw mine in Kentucky at Mall St. Matthew in a privately owned store. Good find, great little scent.
    Gary

Yeah, Gary, thanks, I agree.

Not only is it a really nice scent, it is highly original as well.

I found it for sale on a number of on-line fragrance stores, but no one listed the notes or gave a description. This one has eluded the Directory as well.

This is an original scent for sure. There are some fantastic scents out there that are rarely spoken about. Info on some of these scents is zero. That is why the quest is always on for new scents and scents that are not main stream.
    Enjoy John Sterling...
    Gary

I remember in 1991 one summer day going into Boston and visiting Filene's they were launching John Sterling. I remember the bottle and that the scent even came in a EDP version too.

The scent reminded me very much of Cool Water at the time.

I just saw this on the shelf at a local store...dammit, don't make me buy something else!!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Okay, I've sampled it a few times over the course of a couple of months. It's mossy and musky, with herbs (I'm guessing there is basil, at least). There might be a bit of amber, but not a lot. It also has a "fresh" quality, which makes it different from the Polo type of fragrance. It is not sweet, but it's not dry either. In fact, I'd say it feels a bit wet, with a salad-like quality. Longevity and sillage are good, but not incredible. I bought the last 1.7 ounce bottle at a store and I notice that this frag is still available online at not too crazy prices. I wanted to write up a review for the directory but there was no listing for it. I'd certainly give it a positive rating, but it's something I have to be in the mood for, because I enjoy oriental/gourmand frags more.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 30th August 2008 at 05:15 AM.