Code of Conduct

Thread: I Find Havana!!

Default I Find Havana!!

First of all, mucho props to the esteemed Milamemer for sending me a FREE bottle of this legendary Aramis scent a year ago.

My top 5 constantly changes, like most B'noters', but Havana and Zino are ALWAYS in there.

Unfortunately I have shared my enthusiasm about this scent a little to promiscuously as I almost decanted myself out of my bottle. I searched in vain everywhere you can think of, but the closest I came was "Havana Reserva" which is a version of Havana but not the treasured original. Quite expensive, too.

By the by, for those who don't know this one, check out the reviews here. They pretty much tell the story.

Today I went to the local mall with a co-worker and discovered a hole in the wall perfume store. I was amazed...I found Dior's Jules, a full line of Hermes, some old Guerlains, and other classics/discontinueds/hard to find frags.

Suddenly, my eye was caught by a box with a multi-colored tropical forest...could it be?...NO! It was shaving balm! Shit! So I kidded the SA, telling her she had a nice collection of scents but I bet she didn't have Havana
    EDT. She smiled and pulled out a brand new 1.7 px EDT. I could not believe my luck. I bought it immediately.
    And for those interested, you may want to check my swaplist.....hint, hint...I am considerably poorer now, but a happier man you cannot find!

The perfume gods smiled on me today, and I am humble and grateful. My beloved Havana is now stored in a cool, dry basement, along with my extra bottle of Patou PH. Thanks, Carl.

Default Re: I Find Havana!!

what is the difference between the regular havana(not reserva) and the especial version?

Sorry, don't know. I didn't know there was another version.

Post Thanks / Like

There are only two versions: Havana and Havana Reserva!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, there are four:

Havana
    Havana Reserva
    Havana 'especial'
    and
    Havana pour elle
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Doc- Where do you see the "especial" version?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw it on ebay once and in the review of Havana Reserva there is also the talk of the 'especial' version.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120755.html
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the speculation/confusion about it, but never actually saw a third men's cologne. Perhaps Aramis chose for some reason to put "especial" on some early or late product. If someone can confirm that it is indeed a third version for men, I will have to begin my quest.

Post Thanks / Like

Your probably right, because EricM who wrote the Havana Reserva review doesn't see much differenc between Havana Reserva and Havana especial. I personally had never the pleasure to sample Havana especial.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Ballardbeau,

What's the name of the store or of the mall where you found Havana by Aramis? I'm intersted in the Hermes products.

ScentsSeattle

I don't want this to sound impolite but, I was wondering why it is such a grreat find if you are wanting to swap it already?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    I don't want this to sound impolite but, I was wondering why it is such a grreat find if you are wanting to swap it already?
    Ikk,
    Not Ballardbeau here but I think he meant that he wants to make some money back after spending it on the Havana so he's going to sell off some of his other stuff, not the Havana.
    Havana is excellent. I got mine from Perfumebay not too long ago. If you like the Havana, check out Czech & Speake's Cuba. Totally similar style but it adds some lime up top and it's a bit fuller bodied. I think it will blow your mind.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    [quote author=ikkitosennomusha link=1121482244/0#10 date=1121616953]I don't want this to sound impolite but, I was wondering why it is such a grreat find if you are wanting to swap it already?
    *Ikk,
    Not Ballardbeau here but I think he meant that he wants to make some money back after spending it on the Havana so he's going to sell off some of his other stuff, not the Havana.
    * *Havana is excellent. *I got mine from Perfumebay not too long ago. * * If you like the Havana, check out Czech & Speake's Cuba. *Totally similar style but it adds some lime up top and it's a bit fuller bodied. *I think it will blow your mind.
    * Eric[/quote]
    I agree with Eric here--I have both but for some reason, find myself grabbing Cuba more often. It has a more "tobacco" presence to it than Havana, which has such a wild variety of notes in it. I believe Havana is a bit spicier, especially with those bay rum notes, but both are worthy of picking up.
    The Bark Bites Back.

I understand now. I just wanting to make sure I did not sound offensive. I was just curious. I was wondering if he really liked it in the mall and got home and decided it was rancid. I have done this many times. The top notes are great but I did not give it time to understand the rest of the drydown before I made a foolish purchase.

Sorry I didn't explain this better in my opening post. As I want to follow the rules of the forum, I didn't want to get into the details of a sell/swap on the general discussion forum.

Actually, here's the deal: I owned a large bottle of Havana already but was running low and was resigned to the fact that I would eventually be without it, as it is very difficult to find.

I found 3 bottles at a perfume store on Friday. I am keeping one for myself and selling the other two to B'noters AT COST, or best offer. If they don't fly within one week, they are going on ebay.

PS--My price is cheaper than Perfumebay. I'm not trying to make a profit; I bought two extra bottles to share this hard to find scent with my fellow B'noters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Sorry I didn't explain this better in my opening post. As I want to follow the rules of the forum, I didn't want to get into the details of a sell/swap on the general discussion forum.

Actually, here's the deal: I owned a large bottle of Havana already but was running low and was resigned to the fact that I would eventually be without it, as it is very difficult to find.

I found 3 bottles at a perfume store on Friday. I am keeping one for myself and selling the other two to B'noters AT COST, or best offer. If they don't fly within one week, they are going on ebay.

PS--My price is cheaper than Perfumebay. I'm not trying to make a profit; I bought two extra bottles to share this hard to find scent with my fellow B'noters!
    Thanks! I was only crious is the scent did not turn out as expected or was not the way I had remembered it. I recall it being a tangy, fruity, tropical scent. It is not bad at all but I wonder if I might prefer the beyond paradise for this type of genre? Ahhh, more testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau

Wow!!! This is certainly kind of you Ballard!
    Classic lovers, snag this offer up immediately!!!!

Got to return the favor, Mila!!

One bottle is sold; one remains.

My price was $39.99. Perfumebay sells it for $55.00.

Havana gone.

If anyone wants a bottle, PM me and I'll go back to the store and see if they have re-stocked.

It seems as if the very last stocks of Havana are being sold out. Has anyone tried the DSH version called "Cubano"?
    https://www.dshperfumes.com/search_r...Product=Havana
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused... [smiley=huh.gif]

Which scent is discontinued: Havana or Havana Reserva?
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Which scent is discontinued: Havana or Havana Reserva?
    Recently I haven't seen either in the online stores.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Post Thanks / Like

"The top notes are great but I did not give it time to understand the rest of the drydown before I made a foolish purchase. "

If I could only get one HALF of the money back that you just described, I would be in a much nicer car.

ATTENTION SHOPPERS:

I DID find another stash of Havana at a "sister" store where I bought the original 3 bottles.

It's quite a distance from Seattle and is being mailed to me.

Those who PM'd me looking for a bottle, check your PMs.

What's the difference between Havana and Havana Reserva?
    I can't find much information at all on Havana Reserva.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Reserva is softer and more powdery on the drydown.