Code of Conduct

Default After today's order, I need to take a break...

I hereby swear to attempt to not buy anything new for at least two months after the order I just placed on perfumebay. Within a week I will have the following:
    Coriolan by Guerlain
    Insense by Givenchy
    Worth Pour Homme by Worth
    Tenere by Pacco Rabanne
    Silver Mountain Water by Creed
    Nemo by Cacharel
    Tempore Umo by Laura Biagotti
    Iquitos by Alain Delon
    JHL by Aramis
    Force Majeuere by Jacques Bogart
    Sables by Annick Goutal

Combine this with *the Voleur De Roses and Pasage de Enfer by LAP, New York and and Viv de Chateau by Parfums de Nicolai that I just got last week, the Opium and Havana coming in this week, and the legion of Creed decants in my collection, and I think I'm done. At the very least for a few months. *My collection should have a good balance of classics and modern, and I can give my wallet a break. Anyone else make any bulk purchases this week?

Also, as always I'd like to thank the basenotes forum and review board for guiding me in my purchases. I hadn't heard of half of these scents, but thanks to the classics thread and the excellent search feature, I was able to track them down. Good show to everyone!

Edit: Also picked up Caron's The Third Man and Knize 10 from parfum1

Default Re: After today's order, I need to take a break...

For a moment ..... I thought ...... you could be my lost brother ..... but then again ..... you would have to start ordering ..... tomorrow morning again ..... [smiley=grin.gif]

Good purchases (if you like Sables)!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Well....I did see a few that I wanted but didn't pick up...and I have an extra check coming in next week....

If I hold it to two weeks without an order instead of two months, that's still progress right???

And I do have a reason behind the huge order. I'm donating a large portion of my collection to a couple of teenagers, so I'm starting from the halfway point basically and building back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    I hereby swear to attempt to not buy anything new for at least two months after the order I just placed...
    A familiar refrain heard many times on this forum. An admirable edict but if you're like the many who preceded you in just such an utterance, know this:

YOU"RE DOOMED! IT AIN"T GONNA WORK! You better start scouting the reviews right now for the next purchase because it's going to happen sooner than you think. YOU CANNOT DENY THE FORCE! You have been warned.

Aaron

Well you'll have an interesting collection at least. Get your bankruptcy petition ready like the rest of us!
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by lazycalm
    [quote author=madgradrx link=1121793308/0#0 date=1121793308]I hereby swear to attempt to not buy anything new for at least two months after the order I just placed...
    A familiar refrain heard many times on this forum. An admirable edict but if you're like the many who preceded you in just such an utterance, know this:

YOU"RE DOOMED! IT AIN"T GONNA WORK! You better start scouting the reviews right now for the next purchase because it's going to happen sooner than you think. YOU CANNOT DENY THE FORCE! You have been warned.

Aaron [/quote]

Agreed. Once you get sucked up in the darkside, it's all over.

And btw, Luke...i am your father.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Take heed in that I'm an example of one who has resisted, spending the entirety of 2005 with no new scent (except a couple decants I got in a swap with cash) purchases since February. It was a bottle of Musc Ravageur and has been the only thing I've purchased all year. I have no intentions of buying anything else this year either. As a matter of fact, I've been shrinking my collection as much as possible. Oh sure, I might end up with something new in my collection if I get any takers on my for swap list, but otherwise, I'm done. I was once in that collectively familiar boat to basenoters, the never ending quest.

The caveat is, I've replaced fragrance collecting with an even more expensive habit...wine...

My god I didn't last a day, however this was not my fault. I got an email from perfumebay stating that they were out of stock on Sables, and would I care to cancel the order or put in on back order? Given that I have zero patience with some things, I cancelled and put in an order with Scentiments for Bel Ami by Hermes and Dreamer by Versace. Technically I spent the same amount of money so I guess I didn't break my promise....

Madgradrx,

Let me know what you think of the Knize 10 as I am contemplating a purchase from Parfum1 in the near future. Sounds like an interesting fragrance and one that is not readily available nowadays ...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor
    Madgradrx,

Let me know what you think of the Knize 10 as I am contemplating a purchase from Parfum1 in the near future. *Sounds like an interesting fragrance and one that is not readily available nowadays ...

Thanks.

With pleasure, it's one of the first I'll be wearing when it comes in. Granted wearing it in ninety degree heat isn't exactly going to be pleasant, but I can't wait till winter to see how it smells

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    I hereby swear to attempt to not buy anything new for at least two months after the order I just placed on perfumebay.
    I'm feeling the same way!

I bought some stuff at Sephora 2 weeks ago (last time I do that, paid retail and clueless SA) and today, about 20 minutes before I read this thread, I ordered Creed SMW and Annick Goutel Hadrian from Perfumebay.com.

I ordered the tester of SMW, I hope it's not a bad one.

Once you open the Pandora's box, you are lost and there is no redemption....saith I.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

On the bright side....you have picked some WONDERFUL FRAGS!!

Enjoy!!

Holy crap that's a lot of fragrances in one hit! Good luck, I hope you like all of them. I used to buy most things blind and I was lucky to enjoy most of them, but nowadays I tend to smell extensively before buying.

BTW, tell us about Tempore Uomo when you get it, I found it in the directory after I searched for a bunch of notes that I like and I am very interested to hear more about it.