Code of Conduct

Default Some help with this list...

I am down to 6 frags right now and am looking for one more before I cut myself off. I am going to be going to Sephora in about a week and I have a list of some colognes I found interesting from reading and would like your opinions on.

Incanto - Salvatore Ferragamo
    Baldessarini del mar - Boss
    L'instant - Guerlain
    Herrera Acqua - Carolina Herrera
    Emporio Night - Emporio Armani

Any help would be great thanks.

Default Re: Some help with this list...

My bets are on L'Instant and Emporio Night but i can't elaborate until you tell me what your six scents are. [smiley=smiley.gif]

What Milamber sez.

Ditto...

Incanto is a letdown!

It would have been great to know the other 6, in the absence of this my vote from your list goes for:

L'instant - Guerlain

Someone mentioned recently that an edp of this fragrance will be released soon, might be worth waiting for it, as the edt in my opinion lacks staying power.
    Let your nose be your pilot

Sorry about that. Some of you might remember me as the (annoying) 16 year old from when my name on here was rapture. For some reason that name wouldnt log on so I got this one... I thought it might also be helpful to you to make a recommendation if you knew what I thought of the ones I already have so I will include that as well. Anyway, the other six I own (I just added them to the wardrobe) are:

D&G ph - originally bought it in early spring because I liked how sharp it is right out of the bottle. I like scents that have a bit of a heady quality to them, not at all into scents that are light and just there. I like this scent but I have been getting bored with it as of late so luckily it is about out and I will most likely be replacing it with something else.

Black Jeans - My all around favorite. I like how it is (to me at least) so virile. Very strong scent and it is different I just simply like it. I will definitely have to be finding another bottle of Black Jeans when it runs out.

Dreamer - This was the second real cologne I ever bought and it was my favorite until I found Black Jeans. I have never met a girl who does not like it and it is very aromatic and lasts for hours. I have no complaints; to me this is the perfect warm, winter scent.

Versace Man - After finding success with Black Jeans and Dreamer I asked for this for my b-day without ever trying it. I have mixed feelings about this. Some days I try to determine how I am going to get rid of it and other days I find myself wondering why I wanted to get rid of it because I find something nice to it. Sometimes interesting and always fleeting; while I do not hate it I will never buy it again.

Style in Play- Bought this because I got the whole line for $40 so I thought it was worth a try. Biggest disappointment of everything I have. Smelling like apples just is not my thing. However, strangely I have gotten compliments about how refreshing it is. I have already decided to replace this with L'eau par Kenzo.

Acqua di Gio - first cologne I owned. I liked it and still do. I always get compliments from the girls I am hanging out with. My only problem with is that every other person seems to own it. So for that reason I prefer not to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by rapture2
    Sorry about that. Some of you might remember me as the (annoying) 16 year old from when my name on here was rapture. For some reason that name wouldnt log on so I got this one... *I thought it might also be helpful to you to make a recommendation if you knew what I thought of the ones I already have so I will include that as well. Anyway, the other six I own (I just added them to the wardrobe) are:

D&G ph - originally bought it in early spring because I liked how sharp it is right out of the bottle. I like scents that have a bit of a heady quality to them, not at all into scents that are light and just there. I like this scent but I have been getting bored with it as of late so luckily it is about out and I will most likely be replacing it with something else.

Black Jeans - My all around favorite. I like how it is (to me at least) so virile. Very strong scent and it is different I just simply like it. I will definitely have to be finding another bottle of Black Jeans when it runs out.

Dreamer - This was the second real cologne I ever bought and it was my favorite until I found Black Jeans. I have never met a girl who does not like it and it is very aromatic and lasts for hours. I have no complaints; to me this is the perfect warm, winter scent.

Versace Man - After finding success with Black Jeans and Dreamer I asked for this for my b-day without ever trying it. I have mixed feelings about this. Some days I try to determine how I am going to get rid of it and other days I find myself wondering why I wanted to get rid of it because I find something nice to it. Sometimes interesting and always fleeting; while I do not hate it I will never buy it again.

Style in Play- Bought this because I got the whole line for $40 so I thought it was worth a try. Biggest disappointment of everything I have. Smelling like apples just is not my thing. However, strangely I have gotten compliments about how refreshing it is. I have already decided to replace this with L'eau par Kenzo.

Acqua di Gio - first cologne I owned. I liked it and still do. I always get compliments from the girls I am hanging out with. My only problem with is that every other person seems to own it. So for that reason I prefer not to use it.

Why not track down "Vendetta" by Valentino? - A true elegant scent with a deep sweet sour edge, it is quite potent, an overlooked classic which is on the verge of extinction.

Moreover, you will be almost dead certain that your mates will not know about it, upon acquisition you will share that secret only with the sweet ladies, when they do sniff it, they will be willing to compromise their virtues with you.

Do check it out on ebay.

Thanks magnnum, just after my experiences with Style in Play and Man I didnt want to buy anything without first trying it. So for now I would like to focus on what is on my list. And if those turn out all to be let downs then I will just go and buy vendetta because it does at least sound interesting from reviews I have found.

You're welcome ole' chap, good luck with your choice.

Of those which you listed as being of interest I can wholeheartedly and without reservation recommend L'Instant Pour Homme. I can't imagine my collection being complete without it.

Aaron