Code of Conduct

Default Knize Ten - Could it be the perfect leather scent?

Could it be the perfect leather scent? On me it dries sweet and reminds me ever so slightly of a favorite Indian incense. There's not a lot of development and the fragrance is not as complex as others. It reminds me quite a bit of Etro's Gomma or CM Persian Leather. While I enjoy it, I long for something richer and slightly darker, like Montale Cuir Oudh or Creed's Russian Leather.

My answer is: If you are looking for a sweet leather scent, then yes...but if you need more of a sueded leather or a darker leather, no.

What do you think?

Default Re: Knize Ten - Could it be the perfect leather sc

Love the K10, but smell it next to Creeds Cuire de Russie it pales in my opinion. I love the Chanel Cuir de Russie too.

Ummmmmm....I MUST find myself a sample of CREED RUSSIAN!

Regards,
    SixCats!

I've been dying to try this stuff for some time. Where is the best place to get some?

parfum1.com has it for incredible prices, or visit your local Caswell-Massey shop to sample it first. It's really hard to go wrong with this one is you like lighter, sweeter leather scents. It's a classic, great packaging, and now thanks to parfum1, great price as well.

Blog Entries

Knize Ten is wonderful, a "traditional" leather scent in the best possible sense: classy, elegant, understated. [smiley=cool.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Yeah, it's a damned good one. I don't know if it's at the top--I like Gomma and the Chanel too-but it's close. Not to be missed for leather fans.

I think it´s one of the best leather fragrances ever made and it would be my perfect choice if I´m in the mood to wear a rawer or - as Tigrushka said - a more traditional one. For me it´s rather a daytime leather fragrance, but for evenings and/or special occasions I would definitely prefer Creed´s Royal English Leather which is more sumptuous, or Tabac Blond which is more refined! But all of them, along with Chanel´s Cuir de Russie, are "perfect" leather scents! [smiley=wink.gif]

I bought my Mum a bottle of Chanel C de R. I wish she'd stop pretending that she likes it and just give it back to me.

I don't know if this will mean anything to you, but Knize Ten was James Dean's scent of choice.

Bois d'Argent Cologne by Christian Dior is the finest leather fragrance I have experienced in years. Shockingly good.
    K X is a timeless classic.
    Ruthless Tabac Blond is the juggernaut of all leather perfumes.

a recommendation from this wonderful forum. it's one which i rate as high as creed's cuir de russie. it has a rather pleasant cinnamon dry down.

pip pip!

I don't know if this will mean anything to you, but Knize Ten was James Dean's scent of choice.

Not only James Dean used it, also Errol Flynn`s favourite. Flynn´s other choice was Cuir de Russie by Creed.

Erfl
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Knize Ten is one of my favorites, if not my signature scent. I don't get a lot of leather out of it though, oddly. In terms of scents having more leather, I would have to give a nod to Cuiron, Bel Ami, Z-14 or Dunhill '34.

Creed Cuir de Russie left me flat in a Mystery Scent challenge; Knize Ten blew it out of the water. Haven't tried the Chanel.
    K

In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Knize ten is very fine, but one of the great forgotten leathers is SNM Peau D'Espagne. Simple and perfect. Leather with not much citrus, but some grass and earth and a hint of tar. Not romantic.

Just completed a swap with a fellow Basenotes member for a decant of Tabarome Mill.

To my utter surprise, he also sent me a decant of Knize Ten, which i haven't tried before.

I fell in love with Knize Ten from the moment it hit my skin. This is, without a doubt, a spectacular fragrance beyond description.

Haven't tried Etro's Gomma, Tabac Blond or others mentioned, but to me Knize Ten is a must-have (or try).

Certainly worthy of being mentioned along with the greats in perfume history!

Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I am a big fan of K10. I will also join the chorus singing praise for Creed Russie and will add PC Centaure and Morabito Black Or to the song.

YES, I think it`s the very perfect leather scent.
    Quite light, fresh and flowery (jasmine) - then it goes to oakmoss...
    And leather is prominent all the way.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

i think the question is not could it be the best leather scent?, it is HAVE YOU REALISED YET THAT IT IS THE BEST LEATHER SCENT?

Default Re: Knize Ten - Could it be the perfect leather scent?

I used to like it, but now days it's too sweet, soapy, and powdery for my tastes. I prefer the likes of Cuir d'Iris and Cuir Ottoman.

Κ10 is a bit floral for my tastes. In this genre I prefer Gomma which is lighter and more discreet. Cuir Ottoman is really marvellous. Daim Blonde is the best sweet leather IMO and Antaeus the roughest and most intoxicating that I have tried. I would also include Le Labo Patchouli 34 for a smoky sweet leatherish scent.
    Last edited by cpk; 25th January 2010 at 09:46 PM.

It could very well be, but Cuiron,1776 Russian leather,REL,Peau D'Espagne,Chanel's Cuir de Russie, Cuir d'Iris,and several other's might want, and deserve a shot at that title also.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Just after writing my previous post I went ahead a sparyed from my newly aquired sample of Donna Karan Labdanum essence. I have never experienced a clearly labdanum dominant scent before. I assure you iti is one of the best leather fragrances I have ever tried.

[ While I enjoy it, I long for something richer and slightly darker, like Montale Cuir Oudh or Creed's Russian Leather.

If you want something richer and darker, I would try Elsha 1776. Is K10 the best? Certainly right up there, but as others have mentioned, there are several contenders: REL, CdR, Cuiron, Tuscan Leather and Odori Cuoio to name a few pure leather scents and then a host of great leather dominated scents like Bel Ami, Z-14, Polo and, of course, Habit Rouge. I wish that C&M would bring Persian Leather back.
    Last edited by Oviatt; 25th January 2010 at 10:27 PM.
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Pursuit by Dunhill

I think Aoud Cuir d' Arabie should also be mentioned. Only for the brave! Exquisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I used to like it, but now days it's too sweet, soapy, and powdery for my tastes. I prefer the likes of Cuir d'Iris and Cuir Ottoman.
    Hmmm....I like them both, but to my nose Cuir Ottoman is much, much more powdery than K10.