Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dear God! *These STINK!

We must not forget Joop. The only time I ever suffered air sickness was sitting between two guys on a New York to Chicago flight. Both guys were powerusers: one Joop and one Le Male. I still have nightmares.

On the positive side is H.O.T Always from Bond No. 9

Kiehl's Original Musk.

A while back, Paul posted that he liked it and got good comments on it. I went to Neimans and tried it and liked it as well. i found it a bit like Kouros even. i almost bought some.

Well, last time i was there they gave me a couple of samples of it. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!? This stuff STINKS! Its like "old man stink" in a bottle. very musky and over the top. Something to have worn in the yesteryear, but in 2005? I'd love to see someone pull it off.

But then again you all know how much I worship Kouros, yet wouldn't wear Kouros in public, even if you paid me a hundred bucks. [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Hey guys, what exactly is civet?

I know it is an ingredient in a fragrance that makes it animalic, but where does this ingrdient come from? A plant? Or is it a chemical?

Hey guys, what exactly is civet?
    A secretion from the anal gland of the civet cat (actually not a cat), used by the civet for marking its territory.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Yea it's essentially cat spray, but the civet is related to a mongoose not cats I believe. Anyway I don't think any companies still use real stuff, because of animal rights violations and such. So now adays only synthetic civet is used. Also if you wanted to know what castoreum was, it is the stuff beavers use to coat their fur with I believe.

I thought catoreum is to beavers as civet is to civet cats.

So the ingredient in the fragrances is a synthetic.

Still, I can't see myself using a fragrance with this kind of smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    But I have not bought it because I probably won't be able to use it in public without getting stoned...
    HAHA!! Givenchy Gentleman musta been The Grateful Dead's favorite!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by vannojo
    We must not forget Joop. The only time I ever suffered air sickness was sitting between two guys on a New York to Chicago flight. Both guys were powerusers: one Joop and one Le Male. I still have nightmares.
    Agree on that. Even though I like Le Male (when used in small quantities), an overdose of the stuff and a Joop! poweruser sitting next to me on a cramped Airbus A319 flying United Flight 713 from LaGuardia to O'Hare would make me reach for the barf bag in a nanosecond.
    "The stench / The stench / Of summer sex / And CK Eternity / Oh hell, yes"
    -Fall Out Boy, from "Uma Thurman"

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310

Agree on that. Even though I like Le Male (when used in small quantities), an overdose of the stuff and a Joop! poweruser sitting next to me on a cramped Airbus A319 flying United Flight 713 from LaGuardia to O'Hare would make me reach for the barf bag in a nanosecond.
    Interesting how "joop" sounds like a close approximation of the sound one often makes with that first terrible rush of air that signals an impending upchuck.
    Griff

Default Re: Dear God - "J O P" not "joop"

Quote from MCfan310:

Interesting how "joop" sounds like a close approximation of the sound one often makes with that first terrible rush of air that signals an impending upchuck. *

================================================== ====================================

the correct pronounciation would be JOP like in JOB, but english people seem to got used to J OO P, with the double "O" like an "U"...
    but I agree - it makes a lunch related sound in both ways...

Sedenya

Default Re: Dear God!  These STINK!

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Kiehl's Original Musk.

This stuff STINKS! *Its like "old man stink" in a bottle. very musky and over the top. *Something to have worn in the yesteryear, but in 2005? *I'd love to see someone pull it off.
    I love this one! One of my favorites for cooler weather and easily my second favorite musk behind MKK. I wear this one in public without any issues at all...at least, none that I've been made aware of. [smiley=grin.gif]

I am wearing Romeo Gigli today. Lovely civet and ambergris in the basenotes.

Romeo Gigli fragrance notes:

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Petitgrain, Neroli, Bitter Orange, Verbena, Rosewood, Sagebrush, Rosemary, Tarragon, Clary

Middle Notes
    Rose, Bourbon Geranium, Clove, Allspice

Base Notes
    Oak, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Spruce Basalm, Blonde Tobacco, Ambergris, Civet.

Erolfa. Can't get near it.

They don't make it anymore, but some of the guys who were around and wearing frags in the 80s will remember this stinker: Georgio Beverly Hill for Men. I had a little bit still around until recently, and my wife referred to it as "Eau de Old Lady's Handbag." It seemed to contain notes of patchouly, whole civet cat ass, and the escence of the interior of a penecillin bottle. This stuff was quasi-radioactive, but I thought it was bomb-diggetty when chasing chciks around the mall. If they wanted to chase back, they could follow the yellow scent trail!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ
    "whole civet cat ass"
    Had to get a paper towel to wipe the iced coffee off the monitor on that one, THANKS ALOT!
    [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]

Two fragrances have made me literally phsically ill. Chaps and Bandit. Got naseous and dizzy to the point were I nearly rolfed. Had to shower them off. And lie down for most of the day. So, yeah... I guess I could say they stink!

But Gentleman? How can anyone say Gentleman stinks? It don't stink! It good!
    [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Default Re: Dear God!  These STINK!

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    I am wearing Romeo Gigli today. Lovely civet and ambergris in the basenotes.

Romeo Gigli fragrance notes:

Top Notes
    Bergamot, Petitgrain, Neroli, Bitter Orange, Verbena, Rosewood, Sagebrush, Rosemary, Tarragon, Clary

Middle Notes
    Rose, Bourbon Geranium, Clove, Allspice

Base Notes
    Oak, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Spruce Basalm, Blonde Tobacco, Ambergris, Civet.
    Romeo Gilgi is a stinker??