Code of Conduct

Default Best positive-response scent?

Hi, I am new here. I posted a similar question in the women's forum, but here goes:

Which scent has, in your experience, elicited the best positive response from females. And yes I mean SEXUAL response, or something close to it. No, I DON'T wanna hear about a scent you wore and your grandma told you you smelled like a blueberry muffin and she wanted to eat you up.[smiley=huh.gif]

Best scent for positive female response.

Let's hear some stories guys.

Gunslinger

Default Re: Best positive-response scent?

let the games begin... [smiley=tongue.gif]

(sigh) ....here we go again.... [smiley=sad.gif]

[smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

OK, I take it that none of you really go out at all, you just stay in grandma's basement smelling perfumes you ordered off of eBay.

My best is Gucci Envy. Women seem to like it. I accidentally dropped it and broke it though, now my bathroom perpetually smells like Envy. Also have Amouage Dia, which I don't wear often, but I love it, female response is N/A as of yet.

Gunslinger

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger
    OK, I take it that none of you really go out at all, you just stay in grandma's basement smelling perfumes you ordered off of eBay.

Gunslinger
    First of all welcome to the forum.

Well, the thing is that for some uncanny reason a similar topic shows up every month or so. Since it's been like this for a while, it kinda became an insider joke. We are not a tough group, but this kind of subjects became uninteresting after having been exposed to it so many times. This is the real reason for lack of replies.

I think I received most of my compliments wearing 3rd Man and Yohji Homme, although these are not known as lady killers. Go figure!
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Have had plenty of "your cologne smells really nice" comments, but only one that seemed to have approached the quality of response you're seeking. About the best response I can remember that might have been a little beyond the "your cologne smells really nice" comment was a comment I received many years ago from a woman who liked the Jovan Musk (I think that's the name of the cologne) I had just sampled at a drug store. What I remember about her response was the intense eye contact she made along with the comment. I remember returning to the display to find out what ingredients were in the bottle. I bought a bottle of the stuff but found that I really did not like it, though I received more "your cologne smells really nice" comments about that cologne than any other I have ever worn.

What lesson did I learn from that bottle of Jovan Musk? I must wear a cologne that I like, regardless of how much someone else might like it.

ScentSeattle

Gunslinger
    The rats in my grandma's basement get a positive response from ALL the fragrances i buy from ebay.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

My best is Gucci Envy. Women seem to like it. I accidentally dropped it and broke it though, now my bathroom perpetually smells like Envy. Also have Amouage Dia, which I don't wear often, but I love it, female response is N/A as of yet.

Gunslinger
    No! What you have to do is bring the girl back to your grandma's basement and let her smell everything you have until she finds the one that makes her get naked immediately. Then you put that one on and you're good to go

[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
    Give him a break....

The ones that appeared in previous threads:
    Azzaro Chrome
    L'eau D'issey pour Homme
    Lanvin L'Homme
    A*Men
    Caron pour un Homme

The important thing is that you like the fragrance on yourself and it gives you confidence. That's what women are looking for!

RTbar

L'ature always seems to get compliments when I go out, as many others on the board will tell you as well...

Kingdom is a sure winner! And do try Comme des Carcons Synthetic Series.

I'm sure I have seen this topic crop up before.

Anyway, in response to your question:

Creed GIT & SMW - they make the chicks go wobbly in the knees!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ironmics
    [quote author=Gunslinger link=1121140163/0#4 date=1121145947]OK, I take it that none of you really go out at all, you just stay in grandma's basement smelling perfumes you ordered off of eBay.

My best is Gucci Envy. *Women seem to like it. *I accidentally dropped it and broke it though, now my bathroom perpetually smells like Envy. *Also have Amouage Dia, which I don't wear often, but I love it, female response is N/A as of yet.

Gunslinger
    No! What you have to do is bring the girl back to your grandma's basement and let her smell everything you have until she finds the one that makes her get naked immediately. Then you put that one on and you're good to go[/quote]

too funny!

I've been visiting a friend in the hospital every day for several weeks now who has let it be known she likes me best in Herrera for Men. I've yet to take the elevator up or down without a compliment from women old and young alike about how, "exquisite, delish, wonnnnnnnn-durfullllll" I smell.

I'll second phantagarows response on 3rd Man by Caron and Paco Rabane for those of you who are old enough...( whats remembered is up to you...)
    [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Why So Serious?

I once turned a few girls on just by sweating. So i suggest (whether with cologne on or not) that you do some heavy exercise and try to pass by a few girls right away, watch the wonders!
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    I once turned a few girls on just by sweating. *So i suggest (whether with cologne on or not) that you do some heavy exercise and try to pass by a few girls right away, watch the wonders!
    If you can manage to turn on just "a few girls" with you sweat, maybe you should consider bottling it up for sale?

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    [quote author=HackerX link=1121140163/15#16 date=1121175395]I once turned a few girls on just by sweating. *So i suggest (whether with cologne on or not) that you do some heavy exercise and try to pass by a few girls right away, watch the wonders!
    If you can manage to turn on just "a few girls" with you sweat, maybe you should consider bottling it up for sale?[/quote]

That was exactly my point! Lol!
    By the way, if anyone is interested, i'll put some up for sale shortly, let me know!
    My new product is called "Pheros From Down Under"
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

LOL!

Overcome By Fumes

I subscribe to the idea that the fragrance should suit the man, not the job. So I wear whatever I want, and if Grandma, the rats, the elevator ladies, or the bimbettes like it or not really doesn't matter. The rare soul who is attracted to me usually doesn't care what I wear for the most part. Also, funny thing, but different women have different tastes--a fact that makes them remarkably similar to men! One would guess that Acqua di Gio must be the most effective, or else why would so many women be buying it for their men? I am intrigued about that blueberry muffin fragrance now though...

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    [quote author=magnnum link=1121140163/15#17 date=1121175559][quote author=HackerX link=1121140163/15#16 date=1121175395]I once turned a few girls on just by sweating. So i suggest (whether with cologne on or not) that you do some heavy exercise and try to pass by a few girls right away, watch the wonders!
    If you can manage to turn on just "a few girls" with you sweat, maybe you should consider bottling it up for sale?[/quote]

That was exactly my point! Lol!
    By the way, if anyone is interested, i'll put some up for sale shortly, let me know!
    My new product is called "Pheros From Down Under"[/quote]
    [smiley=lolk.gif]
    It doesn't work that way... It'll get oxidized, and by then, it'll be a turn-OFF. And even if you manage to keep it fresh in a bottle, you're going to have to do some REALLY HEAVY WORKOUT [smiley=grin.gif]

But I guess you're most probably kidding [smiley=cheesy.gif]

dr_spine

I would have to say Dolce & Gabbana PH

Quote Originally Posted by magnnum
    [quote author=HackerX link=1121140163/15#16 date=1121175395]I once turned a few girls on just by sweating. *So i suggest (whether with cologne on or not) that you do some heavy exercise and try to pass by a few girls right away, watch the wonders!
    Just how much would he have to exersise to fill a 3.4 oz. bottle?

I've nearly been molested every time I put on Himalaya by Creed. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    [quote author=magnnum link=1121140163/15#17 date=1121175559][quote author=HackerX link=1121140163/15#16 date=1121175395]I once turned a few girls on just by sweating. *So i suggest (whether with cologne on or not) that you do some heavy exercise and try to pass by a few girls right away, watch the wonders!
    Just how much would he have to exersise to fill a 3.4 oz. bottle?[/quote]

I'd hate to tell you what event he'll be doing to produce that much quantity of sweat...

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    I've nearly been molested every time I put on Himalaya by Creed. Go figure.
    Hopefully you weren't walking by Michael Jackson's house!! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

(sorry, i couldn't resist)

Overcome By Fumes

Actually the average adults sweats well over 3.4 fluid oz per day even without any special exercise; it just evaporates quickly.

Since I've not responded to one of these threads yet, I'll play along.

Creed - GIT
    Guelain - Vetiver
    Amouage - Dia

I also play around with pheromones (NPA, Perception, Alpha A314) and I get more compliments while wearing them. I also get many "DIHL" looks.

I do not get positive responses from anyone. I have a mohawk, one eye, a peg leg and wear the same shirt since I was 21 with open armpits. Additionally, I have had my cranium pierced; you just gotta try it.

Seriously though, I've received positive responses on:
    Cuiron
    Body Kouros
    Gendarme V

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    Actually the average adults sweats well over 3.4 fluid oz per day even without any special exercise; it just evaporates quickly.
    I knew it! I knew it!

That is how Dipstick makes L'Autre!

Force sweatshop workers to work 24-7 and extract the sweat from their bodies. 3.4 oz is the perfect amount for a bottle of wonderful, wonderful fragrance. [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I've had positive female reactions on Boss Botlled (from different women), also Angel/A*Men. But I also had some negative reactions on Azarro Visit. Dunno why, I love it, but at least two different women didn't like the scent at all. [smiley=sad.gif]

I find that Luca Turin addressed your question best:

A hack from Men’s Health, a magazine notable for the pectorals on its cover, wrote to me asking “How can a man maximize the influence of his cologne choices to attract the women he's really interested in ?” Efficient mating strategies are good in principle, but this one is doomed. Waste time wondering which “cologne” pulls better, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job. ""
    Cordially,

Serge

Kouros gets me compliments (seriously)
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Blog Entries

Sometimes just FEELING sexy is just as good as a positive response to your fragrance. I feel particularly sexy when wearing Dolce & Gabanna PH & Azzaro Chrome. And...true to it's name...Clinique Happy always makes me smile. Which reminds me...one time I was walking around the mall with my brother. We were bummin' around the fragrance counter @ Dillards & I saw a tester of Happy & I was like "OMG I love this!" & I sprayed his chest a couple times. He got really annoyed because he HATES cologne (I think he was adopted, lol). Anyways, later we ran into a high school friend of ours. When she gave my brother a hug she went crazy telling him how good he smelled.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Well the only time I've ever wanted to follow a man around a room (etc) he was wearing Antaeus, by Chanel. Delish.

I've gotten compliments from ladies with most of the scents I own. Getting them to be keenly interested takes more than a good smell.....believe me! Then again, smelling pleasant is certainly a good way to get the interest rolling! However, I must agree with Docluv and Beausillage: You gotta wear what YOU like!!

Why So Serious?

Ahh, cant believe i'm posting under this topic. Alrighty. The honest truth. I can honestly say that within the past few years, my most complimented fragrance is..............a few people have already mentioned it..................yes it is Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme. It is however a very controversial fragrance, half of the people dont like it because they say it doesnt mix well with their body chemistry, i guess i dont have this problem since everytime i wear this stuff, women of all ages ask me about it. The girls at school all said it smells sexy, i think it smells sexy too, for one time i actually agree with the masses. But the problem with this cologne is that guys put on way too much, i've noticed within the years just how potent this cologne really is, it has a super strong statement, and it has such an unbelievable sillage, once i wore just one spray of this, and people have noticed it a few feet away. If this cologne is worn with 1-2 sprays, and with close encounters, it really is an amazingly attractive stuff. Remember 2 sprays max!!! You must follow this rule! This applies to most fragrances, chances are somebody would compliment you on a good cologne if you use it sparingly.

Thumbs up for DG PH
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Back when it was new I used to get LOTs of comments when I wore Lagerfeld. Something I won't go near now. I've found that Vetiver by Guerlain gets the most recognized though. And favorably so that isnt bad. If they recognize it favorably and start talking about it with you... you are on your way!

(By the way, as a newbie here myself I've been trying to go to various listings in the faq...this topic included...and they don't seem to work. So I hope you longer members don't mind the occasional overused question now and then.)

These are the top ten most positive comment-prone fragrances for me, in order.

Gucci Pour Homme
    Tabac Blond
    Gucci Envy
    Caron Third Man
    Voleur de Roses
    Piper Nigrum
    Heritage
    Knize Ten
    Egoiste
    Fumerie Turque

Others may occasionally garner smiles and inquiries but the above ALWAYS get serious interest. Always.

Griff

Griff

That's not fair , Griff. Everything on your list actually smells good. Where's the sense of sacrifice to get the chicks?

Quote Originally Posted by minchovy
    That's not fair , Griff. *Everything on your list actually smells good. *Where's the sense of sacrifice to get the chicks?
    minchovy....Sacrifice? Chicks? Lucky for me, neither is a concern.

Griff

Griff

Well, the only chick I have to please is my wife, but if I were single I'd say any woman who couldn't appreciate what smells good is probably not worth bothering with.

I'd say "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific", but I'd actually want to sue the makers for false advertising because I happen to shave my head and don't have any. Go figure. The women at work seem to always comment posively when I'm wearing anything from Penhaligons--specifically Racquets or Lords.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos
    I've had positive female reactions on Boss Botlled (from different women), also Angel/A*Men. But I also had some negative reactions on Azarro Visit. Dunno why, I love it, but at least two different women didn't like the scent at all. *[smiley=sad.gif]

Yeah, women like a lot Boss Bottled .. i like it too very much... of course the vanilla base works great for girls.... *

is strange the reaction about VISIT... i love this fragance.. my girl too, but she is strange (i think that the smell make her think... or i dont know) when i wear it ... anyway, both fragances are great .
    [smiley=engel017.gif]

A lady that does not like the scents that you like probably isn't going to suit you anyway... So go with what you like!

On me...

- Obsession

- Quasar

- Laguna

!!!!!

Dolce & Gabbana PH and Platinum Égoïste.

The ones i've found that work best for me is
    -Very sexy for him #1-seems to work everytime! always get a compliment on this one
    - Hanae Mori- guess vanilla does work [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    - Metal Jeans- also got a bunch of positive responses on this

really though the biggest thing that matters is that you feel good and enjoy wearing what you are wearing [smiley=smiley.gif]

Well I can tell you what my 34year old gf seems to like on me the most:

Gucci Envy
    Obsession
    Sung Homme
    YSL pour Homme
    Gentleman

That's just off the top of my head.