Code of Conduct

Default Atomizers and Roll On's

Finally after much searching I found a gigantic company here in austria who sell atomizers, Roll On's and thousands of different bottles and tiny cans.

I recently thought about selling all my bottles and keeping only some Roll On's of one scent. I will never never use up those full 100ml bottles, so now my question:

Are these Roll On's 100% tight for storing a few years or will the juice turn bad in months due to contact with air?

Are atomizers more close then Roll On bottles? Any problems with leaking?
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Default Re: Atomizers and Roll On's

On thing to keep in mind with Roll-on is leakage. If you place your roll-on sideways, it will LEAK!!, I have lost some juice in the past using roll-ons. Nothing can be done about it unlike atomizers which you can perhaps tighten a bit. The leakage in Roll-ons is on the top (near the ball), nothing you can do if you place it sideways.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I HAVE noticed that the juice in roll-ons leaks or evaporates much quicker than atomizers, and placing them in an upright position is usually not practical unless they are pretty large.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed View Post
    Finally after much searching I found a gigantic company here in austria who sell atomizers, Roll On's and thousands of different bottles and tiny cans.

I recently thought about selling all my bottles and keeping only some Roll On's of one scent. I will never never use up those full 100ml bottles, so now my question:

Are these Roll On's 100% tight for storing a few years or will the juice turn bad in months due to contact with air?

Out of curiosity, the company wouldn't happen to be Oskar Karla? I think this is the company Andy Tauer purchases his bottles from.
    Last edited by Trebor; 16th November 2008 at 10:23 PM.

Roll on's
    Like in deodorants?? strange....
    Even stranger selling ALL your fragrances and keeping just ONE? Are you going to leave Basenotes too?
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

Are you sick..... why would you sell all you smellies.. its against the bnotes code of honor... one must never ever stop thinking about their smellies they should be the most important thing in your life....;-)
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

I want first dibs on your Creed MI.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

My initial post is from july 2005.
    I have found that evaporation from the Roll On's and atomizers I use is close to nothing and the fragrances stay absolutely fresh when stored cool and dark.

The idea way back then was to fill only one 10ml decant of every fragrance I own and swap/ sell the big bottles. I still think this wouldn't be the worst idea.

.... and yes, it is indeed Oskar Karla.
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

That's basically what I've been doing. I use 10ml sprays though. There are some bottles I'm keeping cos they're opaque or discontinued or sentimental. I have no use for 100ml bottles (or even 50mls) with the breadth of selection I have accrued. Plus you can buy more bottles with the proceeds. I have a few years worth of fragrance options just from my decants. I mean, 100 times 10ml is a lotta bottles if you add it up.

The roll-on vs spray debate is probably on another list somewhere. It's probably a matter of taste, unless on keeps better than the other.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco