Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Kouros 1st timer

I don't know why people insist that Kouros is a fall/winter scent. Everything about it screams "Mediterranean beach at high noon". It comes off too powdery, soapy, and halogen-bright when worn in winter.

love me kouros. hated it at first, but couldn't resist just giving it one more shot... and another shot.... and then one last time... and i was sold.

I'm a veteran Kouros 1st timer circa 1981 and I can guarantee you that it was much better then than it is now, hands down.
    - Expect the unexpected

This is great! This thread, resurrected and regurgetated from almost six years ago.....reminds me how YSL's beastly Kouros was, is, and probably always will be a polarizing force, not only on these hallowed boards of Basenotes, but in the world as a whole!

I am one of the few who stand a middle ground, as Kouros has never repulsed me, nor has it set my world on fire. I'm gonna say it.....at this juncture, Kouros is just "alright" with me.

Was looking for a thread on Kouros when this caught my eye, an experience just like mine yesterday night. First time with Kouros albeit in a foreign land - first time to try it in Mustafa at Singapore's Little India area.

Unfortunately I'm putting myself in the "revolted" side of the fence.

This gave me a headache that I couldn't believe -- bad choice to smell my skin right off that first spray, then continuing to sniff even when I felt the headache coming on. In bed, with my headache about to subside, I had a thought "Hmmm, is Kouros doing this? *smell skin* again" Pow, headache came back.

Wanted to like this really. Now I get where half of BN's peeps are coming from. Ick.
    Currently wearing: Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    I'm a veteran Kouros 1st timer circa 1981 and I can guarantee you that it was much better then than it is now, hands down.
    Why is this? Is it a bit toned down now? When I hear about stuff being better years ago, like Fahrenheit, Kouros, Versace L'Homme, etc., it makes me not want to buy it.

Funny story. I don't blame the Service lady skipping over original Kouros. LOL. It is beyond Stinky to me. If you ever heard a mother tell a kid to take a shower and not just spray on cologne to mask the body funk, that is Kouros. But wear what you like.

I once went into a boutique in Antwerp and the lady praised kouros and called it the king! A really remarkable experience

Too bad you had to experience that off-putting behavoir from a sales lady.
    Well, it's kind of ironic that the lady in the department store didn't want it to be smelled?! I've smelled body kouros, but not the flankers... still I know that the original kouros is the best imo.

And pff honestly I'm getting anoyed by the urinal cake remarks, because Kouros is a decent fragrance and I'm not always focussed on the dirty side of the fragrance, and those comment make me want to dislike my fragrance.
    It just doesn't smell like piss, seriously!!

It`s a legend, but IMO very dated. Smells like cheap shaving foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    It`s a legend, but IMO very dated. Smells like cheap shaving foam.
    Kouros smelling like shaving cream? WTF? Rive Gauche I can see (although I love it) ... but Kouros?