Code of Conduct

Default Recommendations based on what I like..

I am still relatively new to the fragrance world but I have two favorites so far.

1. Creed - GIT
    2. Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme

Based on the fact that I love these two fragrances can anybody make more recommentations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Recommendations based on what I like..

If you like GIT, you maybe should also try
    - Geo F. Trumper Skye: fresh, light, airy, but long-lasting.
    - Floris JF: starts quite similar to GIT (or Cool Water), but then it it develops to a very complex, rich fragrance.

D&G is a much warmer, also very well-made fragrance. You could also try
    - Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre: a bit less sharp than D&G. It starts quite powdery, but then it becomes muskier and more floral; it's a unisex fragrance, but definitely more on the masculine side. This is really a must-have IMO - a masterpiece!
    - YSL M7: a warm, rich and complex fragrance perfect for evening or cool weather.

Enjoy!
    Gerald

If you like D&G pour homme you can try Sergio Tacchini Active Water, which is a similar rich citrus with less tobacco in the drydown, or Versace The Dreamer. I prefer Versace Man, although The Dreamer is probably more like D&GPH.

Welcome!
    I'm not up on GIT so I won't offer any comparisons. There are plenty of fresh type scents out there now.

But if you like Dolce & Gabanna, you might like:
    Chanel - Allure Homme
    Versace - Blue Jeans

May I ask what aspects of GIT and D&G you like, that way we'll be able to recommend scents along those lines...
    K

P.S. Must ... repress ... foaming at the mouth ... Dreamer ... agony ... agony ... [smiley=evil.gif]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dreamer
    Very Valentino
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Creed Himalaya
    Yang by Jacques Fath
    Aramis Havana
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Post Thanks / Like

Dolce & Gabbana, Versace Dreamer, and Boss #6(Bottled) are the "holy trinity" of readily available, reasonably priced "night club" type fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A lot of people say that GIT & Curve smell similar. I haven't had much experience w/ GIT, just a whiff or two @ the Creed counter in Hall's. But I LOVE Curve.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Himalaya suggestion. Initially, I found it similar to Platinum Egoiste (which I find cloying), but now I can't imagine being without it!

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're starting a collection, don't get similar frags or you'll end up with a wardrobe full of same scents. I'd say try out anything you can, especially ones that won compliments(of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    If you're starting a collection, don't get similar frags or you'll end up with a wardrobe full of same scents. I'd say try out anything you can, especially ones that won compliments(of course).
    I agree with this sentiment. It also depends on what access you have to sampling. If you have a Sephora anywhere near you, that is the best place I've found for testing designer scents. They are generally well stocked in the latest selections, along with many of the popular designer fragrances that have been around for a while. Second, the SA's typically leave you alone to test as you please. I've never bought from a Sephora because their prices are so high, but I used to make monthly visits to test out different things.

Another thing you will find is that sometimes, a scent won't appeal to you at first try. It could be the top notes you don't like, but they fade into something nicer. Or possibly a scent will "grow" on you, pulling you back for multiple wearings before you finally "get it". I had this experience with The Dreamer by Versace.

If your ability to test locally is more limited, I'd still try this route to the best you can. There is also the option to trade or purchase samples on the swapboard here at BN. Purchasing of minis from online retailers, which isn't cheap, is another alternative method for testing that I used when I couldn't find anywhere to test locally.