Code of Conduct

Thread: Which Classic?

Default Which Classic?

Well I was browsing around online and found these all for around the same price 15-25 bucks. I was all set on get Gentleman or Iquitos, but then I stumbled upon the cheap Caron's. Le 3 Homme has been in my want list for almost a year, but I don't know a whole lot about it. As I browsed more I found the others. I've tried Gentleman, Fendi, Calvin, Yatagan, Cuiron, and Habit Rouge EDT(not EDC though). The others would be blind buys, which I have no problem with, since I can always swap them away. Right now I'm leaning towards Gentleman, Le 3 Homme, or Iquitos, but maybe something else?

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which Classic?

There are so many good ones in this list; it would be easier to choose a single one NOT to get. Half of the scents listed would make my top 20 list!

Haha that's what I figured so I made the multiple answer poll. I love Cuiron, Gentleman, Yatgan, and Calvin so much. I just cant pick [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, it didn't say multiple answer anywhere...I changed my vote--my favorite of the bunch is 3me Homme though.

I'm with Doc and Iron. They are all classics. Hell, for that price, buy 'em all.

That being said....by far the most unusual and dramatic are Iquitos and Bandit.

By the end of the summer I hope to have them all. It will be the summer of classic scents!

I am testing my ability to post and browse on the forum with my mobile phone.

And nothing can beat Zino as far as classics go.

Post Thanks / Like

3rd Man!!

Good stuff there. My vote went to Knize Ten! (I know I could have voted for more... my other votes would have been for Habit Rouge EDC and Cuiron.)

Note that Habit Rouge EDC is not significantly different from the EDT in my experience. I have and like both the EDT and the EDC, but give the edge to the EDC in terms of wearability. For an EDC it has pretty good duration, and makes a good work scent where the EDT might be too much.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Another one for 3rd Man.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Surprise surprise, I went with Calvin! *I have about 1/2 of them, and find the Carons to be too... I'm not sure... requiring of a certain mood. *Cuiron is excellent, but I guess it's subjective to discern what constitutes "classic". *Knize Ten is akin to the Carons for me in that I really have to feel in a specific mood to wear it, which sadly, is rarely. *I just think of Calvin as being the original CK scent (and about the only one I really like), which started it all for them to begin with. It would be interesting to see where the house would have gone if it wouldn't have turned out to be the little powerhouse scent in the bottle that it is.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Yea I know what you mean, but I'm not too worried if it's a specific mood kind of scent, since I have plenty of good ole fall backs to wear any time. I'm not really looking for that right now. I threw Cuiron in there, because it's been on my want list for some time, and since I believe it's discontinued or on its way out it will be a classic in the near future. Also it's in the same leather vein that a bunch of the choices are, so it smells somewhat ummm we'll go with neo-classical(same with helmut lang edp). Calvin was actually the scent that got everything started for me. My brother would always wear Cure, Tommy, and the likes so I dispized fragrances. Then I got a mini of Calvin as a stocking stuffer or something, and I fell in love with it. I've always wanted a full size of it, but not extremely badly.

I found myself selecting 4 from the list:

All the Caron's - it would be criminal not to do so

Fendi Uomo - although it's quite sexy, I would not rank it high on my priority list

Habit Rouge - What's left that hasn't been said about this classic, it's now number 1 on my wish list. Vicompte thanks for that analysis, i'm torn between buying the edc & the edt, should I get the edc?
    Let your nose be your pilot

If you have a Marshall's/TJ Maxx around you, you might be luck enough to find an open box sitting around so you can try it.

I can't say whether you should get the EDC or EDT. I has been said by scentemental that the EDC is the original formulation of HR. Piedroso enjoys it even during the hot carribian climate of Puerto Rico. I have enjoyed it this summer as well. The EDT has more prominent notes in it, so if you're one who really likes to smell your fragrance through the day, the EDT may be the way to go... the EDC is a lot more subtle, and some folks don't like that.

I'm not sure how well the EDT would wear during the summer - I'm sure MikeFromManhattan has wore it recently though!

If I had to pick between the EDC and the EDT for myself, I'd go with the EDC. In the fall I'd want to wear the EDT a bit more though...

Don't know anything about the recently released HR Light.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    If you have a Marshall's/TJ Maxx around you, you might be luck enough to find an open box sitting around so you can try it.

I can't say whether you should get the EDC or EDT. I has been said by scentemental that the EDC is the original formulation of HR. Piedroso enjoys it even during the hot carribian climate of Puerto Rico. I have enjoyed it this summer as well. The EDT has more prominent notes in it, so if you're one who really likes to smell your fragrance through the day, the EDT may be the way to go... the EDC is a lot more subtle, and some folks don't like that.

I'm not sure how well the EDT would wear during the summer - I'm sure MikeFromManhattan has wore it recently though!

If I had to pick between the EDC and the EDT for myself, I'd go with the EDC. In the fall I'd want to wear the EDT a bit more though...

Don't know anything about the recently released HR Light.
    K
    I reside in London, so I'll visit the John Lewis dept store as they stock a few of the Guerlain range, I have sampled the edt but i am yet to sample the edc, so i'll make a judgement as & when i give both the roadtest.

I'm highly suspicious of HR Light, even without sampling as I would presume that it will lack staying power.
    Let your nose be your pilot

Alright I'll be placing my order soon, and it looks like Le 3eme Homme is going to be my choice, since I'm giving it a few extra votes being it was the one I was leaning towards originally. Habit Rouge and Yatagan will be my next order, probably sometime in the next two weeks. Oh and I'll go check out TJ Maxx today and see if they have Habit Rouge. I know they have a bunch of bottles of Tsar, so I'll grab one of those probably.