Code of Conduct

Default Helmut Lang Edc or Edp?

Which one do you guys prefer?

Default Re: Helmut Lang Edc or Edp?

I prefer the EdP, (which if I am not mistaken is the women's version).
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

EDP for sure.

The Cologne is lighter than air and lasts about as long. Maybe OK for hot weather. It's on my swaplist.

Ok good because I just got the Edp off ebay for 10 bucks

Careful, I hope you like powder. The EDP is loaded with powdery musk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    EDP for sure.

The Cologne is lighter than air and lasts about as long. Maybe OK for hot weather. It's on my swaplist.

That's not my experience at all. We must have different skin chemistry. Or different noses. (Wait, we almost certainly have different noses.)

Anyway, if you look in the Basenotes Directory, the difference between the EdC and EdP doesn't seem to be acknowledged. Comments about both seem to be listed all together. The two are in fact totally different. To me, on my skin, the EdP is light and floral and buttery, and the EdC is dark, dark, ambery, and deep. Like black amber, that's what it smells like. And on me it lasts a long time.

Someone about a month ago - I'll have to look it up so I can cite him - said that the two scents were released with the intention that the wearer could mix them as they pleased. I do think they combine well. You'd think, though, that if this were true, it would be acknowledged somehow in the packaging, which it isn't, at all.

Anyway, my advice is, especially given the different opinions here, make sure you try both first. I got a sample of EdC from Perfumebay for $2.

And don't miss Cuiron, which most people here do seem to think very highly of, me included.

As an aside, I like the idea of being able to get a scent in different concentrations, but it drives me slightly nuts when the scents come out all different. It's like putting out a slightly remixed version of a record. Do other people like it that this happens, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    Careful, I hope you like powder. The EDP is loaded with powdery musk.
    Ohh yea I've tried both, and used to own the edc, but swapped it because I didn't like it that much. Then smelled it again and missed it a lot. I finally have my baby back Oh and Cuiron's on my want list too, but 10 bucks for 90ml of the edp seemed too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmics
    [quote author=milamber link=1120424879/0#4 date=1120440812]Careful, I hope you like powder. The EDP is loaded with powdery musk.
    Ohh yea I've tried both, and used to own the edc, but swapped it because I didn't like it that much. Then smelled it again and missed it a lot. I finally have my baby back Oh and Cuiron's on my want list too, but 10 bucks for 100ml of edp seemed too good to pass up.[/quote]
    Yeah, it's a great deal! Cheap because discontinued, somebody wants to offload the stocks it seems. But the EDP really puts me in a zen state. One of the few that can do that. Must be the musk.
    I mixed Cuiron with Costume National Scent Intense the other day for a potent brew! I'm gonna do that more often now. LOL!

Ahh you brought up the other oddly marketed unisex scent I wanted. Which one of the CN Scents do you prefer?

Scent Intense. But if you want to get an idea of what it smells like, try Black Cashmere or DK Fuel. But i let go of both those when i got the Scent Intense, which is saying a lot coz they're wonderful scents in their own right!

Alright I've tried BC and like it but its too potent, does it have the same sharp opening or is it softer like nu?

Hmmm... sharness is a matter of perception really. It's not astringent that's for sure. But a lot more potent than BC. I wouldn't call it biting, anyway it smoothens out gradually over time and produces a heck of a sillage. In fact, half-way through, i added Cuiron so i guess it's not sharp enough for me by then.

Scent Intense has a distinct note of black olive tapenade (ground up bitter black olive paste with olive oil) in my opinion. Am I crazy?

Black Cashmere is another lovely dark dark scent.

Both the edc and edp are absolutely wonderful. The edc, which is one of my wardrobe faves, is indeed very buttery. Creamy smooth white musk, with a distinct masculine edge. The edp on the other hand is more powerful, I pick up some added orange blossom. A bit more powdery and ambigous - excellent nevertheless.
    MMM