Code of Conduct

Default Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Fraicheur

A store nearby has a 100 ml new sealed box for sale at $25. I know the original version, which I like but find a bit too sticky for the perpetual summer here in the subtropics. So I am rather intrigued by the Fraicheur note on the box, maybe it's more suitable for warmer months? How does it compare? Is $25 a decent price? A retailer literally next door sells a 50 ml version for twice that price... I already own spicey-anisey-alcoholicy-chocolatey fragrances like Yohji and Blv Notte, should I add Lolita Fraicheur anyway?

thanks for all suggestions in advance,
    maksidrom

Default Re: Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Fraicheur

BUMP!

(I found it nearby for the same price--I'm very intrigued.)
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I don't know the Fraicheur but I have minis of LL and LL Masculin. I think LL is better: it's exactly like Masculin (a lovely anise sugar cookie) but with a dollop of heavenly jam right in the center. I don't find it any more feminine but I think it's a much better scent. There's just more going on.

Neither is good for summer though. So, anyone with knowledge of the Lolita Fresh?

GnuGnuAntiloop

Quote Originally Posted by ExianNYC
    *So, anyone with knowledge of the Lolita Fresh?
    I found it at a very cheap price too, but didn't buy it. To my nose it's just a watered down version of the original one - less sillage, less staying power, less everything [smiley=undecided.gif] I guess it may be better for summer heats, especially if you find the original one too thick, sweet and powerful, but I have serious doubts about it's longevity - on me it dissappeared in two hours! [smiley=sad.gif]

-T-

Not for summer. I think is too sweet and alcoholic

Well, I sussed out that I need to figure this out on my own rather than wait for some random advice. I took a trip to Sephora and tested the Fraicheur version. It opens to a non-descript generic green-mossy-spicy opening that is frankly speaking rather icky. I was quite surprised at how different the topnotes are compared to the original, they had very little in common (the chemical breakdown suggests that notion though). After about half an hour it dries down to that familiar Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin scent which is waaaaaaaaay too fleeting, weak and feeble. In other words - it's the original's bastard son, not worth even the discount store money. I was disappointed and once again realised that I should never buy anything blind.