Code of Conduct

Default If I love Azzaro Visit do I NEED Gucci Rush?

I sampled Gucci Rush today for the first time and at first impression it strikes me as remarkably similar to my beloved Azzaro Visit.

What are people's opinions about the relationship between these two fragrances?Is Rush a worthwhile variation on the Visit theme of spice, woods and incense? Or would it just be redundancy in my collection that I will never reach for over Visit? How does the projection and lasting power (excellent with Visit) of Rush compare?

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Default Re: If I love Azzaro Visit do I NEED Gucci Rush?

hmmm... Since I happen to be wearing Rush today I don't think I can avoid answering this one [smiley=smiley.gif]

Now, I have to preface what I say by pointing out that unlike most people here on basenotes (I think) I love Rush while disliking Visit intensely. I don't really know why, but for some reason Visit smells cloying and musky on me in a way that I just can't stand. Having said that, I would agree that Visit is probably the more complex fragrance of the two; Rush is fairly straightforward and linear, just a heady combination of incense and wood, wood, and more wood. Nevertheless, there are times (like today) when I really crave it.

About the longevity, most people will tell you that Rush doesn't last, but I have found that if one uses a couple of sprays, waits a few minutes, and then applies more sprays (also known as the "Renato-method" [smiley=laugh.gif]) Rush will last 24+ hours on me! It does wear fairly close to the skin, and probaly doesn't project as much as Visit, but nevertherless it CAN be made to last if one uses enough of it.

my 2 cents....

Thanks for the input. My first impression of Rush is that it is so similar to Visit that it is hard to imagine someone liking one and hating the other. However, I can kind of see where you are coming from since I generally love woody smoky scents, but I don't particularly care for Gucci PH. There is just something about it that I can't warm up to even though it has all the notes I normally love.

Maybe I should also throw the topic open to other suggestions along the line of "If you love Visit, you NEED to get _________."

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

i like very much VISIT, for me one of the best releases in the last years.... but i hate GUCCI -rush, for me is very oriental-spicy that make me feel a strong headache after smell it, dont compare them, there are clear diferences between azzaro and gucci....

maybe for all visit lovers...a great choice could be -boss SOUL ..- [smiley=happy.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think Rush and Visit are all that close at all. Rush is MUCH more cedar than Visit. Now, Rush vs. Gucci Pour Homme...that's a different story.

Jeff

Rush has a dryness to it that Visit lacks.

Visit seems to have a slight sweetness to it that i think is due to the nutmeg, amber, and more emphasis on the musk

Post Thanks / Like

I love them both! They're quite different, in my opinion. To me Rush is a pure linear blast of cedar, while Visit sort of has a more complex dry peppery fresh bouquet. I also really love Gucci PH. For someone such as me that enjoys woody scents, Ruch, Visit, and Gucci PH make a perfect trio, each quite different from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    I love them both! They're quite different, in my opinion. To me Rush is a pure linear blast of cedar, while Visit sort of has a more complex dry peppery fresh bouquet. I also really love Gucci PH. For someone such as me that enjoys woody scents, Ruch, Visit, and Gucci PH make a perfect trio, each quite different from one another.
    Well said, Octo. It really isn't so much a battle-of-the-bands. These three are all woods that are not so much the same. Each has its own special character. I too am fond of all four...oops forgot to throw the fourth in. Copain Trends.

Griff
    Griff

Post Thanks / Like

Every man should own a bottle of Rush, especially if he likes Visit. I love them both.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

I was about to buy Visit and tried it for the one last time, somehow it was suffocating and cloying that time, made me feel really sick, I have no idea why. Now I can't take it anymore. Too bad.

Simplistically put

Gucci Rush = woods
    Azzaro Visit = woods + spices
    Gucci Pour Homme = woods + incense

where the woods base is common to all. Choose depending on what you want.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust