Code of Conduct

Default Patchouli Patch is amazing!

I have always had samples of Patchouli Patch laying around the house. I always threw them in swaps and packages as extras. I never even once took the cap off a sample and tried it. I dismissed it; I figured it was just another linear patchouli based fragrance, and I shouldnít even waste my time.

Well, Sjas1962 (Omg thank you Steve!!!) had this, with some other fragrances, on his sale list. I bought it blind with some other fragrances, and figured I would just swap it if I didnít like it. Well, his packages arrived yesterday, and Patchouli Patch left me speechless. It soared into my top 3 fragrances.

Patchouli Patch is not just a linear patchouli fragrance. Itís so addictive, and off putting. This is like Bois Farineís cousins. Itís not an earthy or heavy patchouli, instead, itís a creamy and buttery patchouli with musk to even further soften it. Patchouli Patch also has an almost gourmand like quality to it; imagine patchouli and soft musk mixed with sweet cream. I cannot get enough of this fragrance!!!!!

I feel like an idiot for ignoring it all this time. Here is my question: Are there any other fragrances similar to Patchouli Patch? Similar in style and composition. I must any and every fragrance similar to this one.

Anyone else tried this fragrance? Iíd love to hear some other opinions on this one.

Default Re: Patchouli Patch is amazing!

Hi Julian!

Yes, I hav a sample of this and it is absolutely fantastic! This is the best patchouly I have ever sampled with etro patchouly being right there with it. This patchouly is so wearable, fresh, and exuberating! I find ay patchouly phasads to be harsh and unapplicable. The white musk, vanilla, and other spices help tone this fragrance not only into a masterpiece but as I said, into something totally wearable even for those who do not like patcouly. What a real score julian! I may have to order a full bottle as the sample leeps drawing me near and near. I keep wanting to sniff/wear this stuff and now my sample is getting low!

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    imagine patchouli and soft musk mixed with sweet cream. I cannot get enough of this fragrance!!!!!

Are there any other fragrances similar to Patchouli Patch? Similar in style and composition. I must any and every fragrance similar to this one.
    Helmut Lang EdP, same musky sweetness
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I agree. Patchouli Patch is one of my favorites. I love the spices combined with patchouli.

If you like this, you will love Mazzolari. I think it is the quintessential patchouli.

For some reason, I can't smell much patchouli in this one [smiley=huh.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    For some reason, I can't smell much patchouli in this one *[smiley=huh.gif]
    Octo, if I know my fellow scientist, you probably wear LV patchouly and love it. That being said, patchouly patch is not really a "patchouly" compared to LV's version but mind you it is a more approachable patchouly for those who find a straight forward "knock you back" patchouly to daunting.

For myself, I like LV patchouly but find it a bit harsh at times. LV is a robust, high quality patchouly but I prefer the more toned down version. If you are used to wearing something like LV, you probably aren't going to detect the faintest hint of it in L'artisan.

I call Patchouli Patch "the patchouli scent for people who don't like patchouli"... [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Bring back the original discontinued L'Artisan Patchouli, please! Now that was a great patchouli scent, PP was such a letdown after trying the real thing. [smiley=sad.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

JULIAN! I did the same thing! I kept giving away samples, dismissing the scent, and then one day I tried it and it WOW! - that was one of the most surprising experiences with fragrance I have ever had! It totally changed my thinking about patchouli and now I am a patchouli fanatic!

If you love PP, you should try Molinard's Patchouli - different beast but also exquisite! Two more great pacthouli scents that I love are Le Baiser du Dragon and Rochas Lui!

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    JULIAN! I did the same thing! I kept giving away samples, dismissing the scent, and then one day I tried it and it WOW! - that was one of the most surprising experiences with fragrance I have ever had! It totally changed my thinking about patchouli and now I am a patchouli fanatic!

If you love PP, you should try Molinard's Patchouli - different beast but also exquisite! Two more great pacthouli scents that I love are Le Baiser du Dragon and Rochas Lui!

Marlen, did you get my email???