Code of Conduct

Default Maybe a dumb question:

Okay. I had a package arrive by UPS yesterday afternoon. And it was very warm. The bottle inside the box was actually hot to the touch. Guess itd been sitting in an un-refrigerated UPS truck going to and fro in the Central Valley, in the sun, for the better part of 10 hours. (It was 96 degrees yesterday.) So my question is: did I just ruin the juice inside? Did I knock a year or two off its life? If this is going to be a recurrent problem in the summer (and it will be96 degrees is nothing special for the season), should I just forgo ordering fragrances through the mail altogether, until the fall? Or is it not really a big deal and Im just freaking out over nothing?
    What do you guys think?

Default Re: Maybe a dumb question:

I had a thought about this also, but I think it doesn't matter.

What matters is if the juice is constantly exposed to heat (24 hours a day for weeks)

Often there isn't much difference between day and night temperature.

I agree with you doc, prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures may prove detrimental to a fragrance. I have a hunch that some fragrance types may be more prone to damage than others, I'm not quite sure which ones?
    Let your nose be your pilot

I think you should be ok, because most colognes are shipping year round in trucks anyway, so at some point they are exposed to high levels of heat. As long as it's only temporary, you'll be fine.

I've accidentally left two colognes in my car for a week in the heat, and they've both smelled the same afterwards.

Thank you, guys. You've put my mind at ease! 'Preciated.
    [smiley=beer.gif]

Yeah--I've had the same worry, but I've also left mine accidentally in the car before, and nothing happened to them.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

What's the good thing about ordering fragrances from i-net sites?

Quote Originally Posted by stra6ko
    What's the good thing about ordering fragrances from i-net sites?

The prices! Much, much, much, much less expensive than the brick and mortar stores and almost always a better selection.

Did I mention they are less expensive?

Regarding the heat issue. I always worry about this. I also have to wonder abou the temps in the warehouses of the e-tailers. ??? I reckon all is fine as it may not be an extended period of time in the severe heat but for the most part, we will never know.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    I also have to wonder abou the temps in the warehouses of the e-tailers. ??? I reckon all is fine as it may not be an extended period of time in the severe heat but for the most part, we will never know.
    Yeah, I wonder about this too, especially when I find an e-tailer whose prices are lower than others. Is there a reason?

Of course I still buy the stuff from whoever has it cheapest.

You're right, I guess we'll never know.

I left a bottle of Dreamer in my car all last summer pretty much...just found it a couple months ago lol, and it's still exactly the same.

I worried about this last summer but it will be fine. Nothing to worry about!