Code of Conduct

Default Not fan of Le Male Gaultier but.........

Hi,i,m not fan of Le Male but for me not is a bad cologne,have good elements for me,and like or not like this is a classic. My question is:

you can tell me a good fragance like Le Male but most refined,most complex?

well i want said,a fragance That informs of the essence of Le Male, but brilliant where Le Male fails.

thanks in advance
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond Nš9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

Default Re: Not fan of Le Male Gaultier but.........

Ghost Man also has Bergamot, Mint, Orange, Sandalwood and Tonka Bean. I think it is one of the nicest recently released men's frgarances and I suggest you try it.

Yvan

Ciao Mr. Martini! May I recommend Armand Basi Homme, an Italian fragrance I find similar to Le Male in many ways...I find Armand Basi Homme is like Le Male except it has less cedar and more floral notes.

Caron Pour Un Homme is a lovely (but strong) lavendar and vanilla smell...you should try that out to see if that is the part of Le Male that appeals to you...it is, to me.

Yes Pour un Homme by Caron. Jean Paul Gaultier explained he wanted the perfumeur to use classic Caron cologne as an inspiration for Le Male.

Another more recent cologne also inspired by Pour un Homme is Eau Noir by Heidi Slimane for Dior Homme.

you should give a sniff of 360 White by Perry Ellis. I can't take LeMale for too long but White is a much better version.

Caron Pour Un Homme being an inspiration for le Male is a total shock for me. The Caron has been one of my favorites for about 15 years.

One thing I do when I go on my Toronto vacations (four times each winter), is to not bring any of my fragrances (except Old Spice for the train trip) so that I can try fragrances that I never wore, on each vacation day. On one trip earlier this year, one day I wore Paco Rabanne (for the first time!) and loved it. The next day was Boucheron Pour Homme (which became one of my favorites) and the third day was Le Male.

All day while taking snow pictures in Toronto's nature areas and snow pictures of the Toronto streetcar system, all I thought of was how I wasted a fragrance day. I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel to wash the Le Male off. After doing so, I proceeded to the Bay and put on B*Men and was happy (although it's not a scent I would buy).

Mike, I'm glad you like it here! IM me if you ever want pointers on where to get discontinued gems

You may want to try rochas man or some of those other clones?

Yvan

Yes, I agree Rochas Man is similar...I find it has less cedar, is softer, and is more creamy, more of a gourmand-type. (However, I still prefer Le Male over Rochas Man.) Another one that's similar is Burberry Touch...it's certainly more subtle than Le Male. Again, I think Le Male is the superior creation here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    you should give a sniff of 360 White by Perry Ellis. I can't take LeMale for too long but White is a much better version.
    I totally agree.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I'd also recommend Ghost Man. A sweet scent, with many elements of Le Male.

I may be crazy but to me, a refined, classy, subdued alternative to LeMale is Geir.
    While Geir has more woods, I still get a similar accord in it.
    While I can't stand LeMale, I found Geir to be fantastic. ???

Eric

Thanks Sirs for his answers. I can see this colognes:

*Ghost Man
    *Armand Bassi Homme
    *Caron pour Homme (have many answers)
    *360 white Perry ellis
    *Rochas Man ??????????? i,m surprise
    *Geir (I agree with this Evogel,but for me Geir changing continue)

PD:Yvan Armand Bassi is spanish not italian,He is a spanish fashion designer,but is normal the confussion the name is very italian.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Domenico Caraceni,Great Jones Bond Nš9,G.Trumper Wild Fern

Montblanc Individuel and Versace The Dreamer.