Code of Conduct

Default Vetiver Frozen -  by Guerlain ?

Vetiver Frozen - is on auction and I am bidding for the fun of it.
    Some basenoters know everything - is that a joke, or since when is VF out?
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Vetiver Frozen - *by Guerlain ?

It was launched a year ago. It is quite nice because the original vetiver is way too harsh to my nose.

Default Re: Vetiver Frozen -  by Guerlain ?

I love the original Guerlain Vetiver; the Frozen was kind of a let down for me.

Both are very good. The original Vetiver: sober, mix of tobacco/lemon-lime slapping your face from a to z; the Eau Glacée (or Frozen): perfect for a humid super hot summer, great quantities of mint, spices and lime/lemon from top to bottom.
    Best gets better... and viceversa!

Guerlain was avantgarde last summer (2004). Now almost everyone and their mother are regreshing their juices. Dunhill Fresh for example; exquisite, by the way.

Vetiver Frozen is a nice, lighter rendition of the original. I'd love to get a bottle eventually.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Never smelt it, but I was reading the latest GQ magizine(the one with Brad Pitt on the cover) and they were doing an interveiw with a Restaurant Manager and they asked what cologne do you wear? He said Vetiver Frozen and he said he ordered like 300 bottles because they no longer make it.

Quote Originally Posted by perfumelife
    It was launched a year ago.
    A Guerlain Launch costs money, and the stuff did not even survive one summer? Makes you suspicious, why? It smells obviously not all that bad. So - is it poisonous, causing cancer, allergies, impotence...? [smiley=cool.gif]
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I'm getting this one blind in a swap...should be here any day now...will report back soon. The original versions were just a little too sharp for me, although there was something slightly intriguing about the most recent version (which was definitely different from what I remember smelling back in the 80's)....It seemed fresher somehow.

Hope this one is a winner for me. Many Guerlains I love in theory, but not for wearing.

Hate to say that, but I'm afraid I like it even better than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan
    Hate to say that, but I'm afraid I like it even better than the original.
    They certainly are quite similar - which may have been the reason for discontinuing the Frozen so soon. I love both of them.
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Dammit! You're all making me want to spend even more money on another bottle of cologne!

[smiley=laugh.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei
    Dammit! You're all making me want to spend even more money on another bottle of cologne!

[smiley=laugh.gif]

Absloutely but it looks like this one is now imposible to find Stateside.....???