Code of Conduct

Default Amused at Neiman Marcus.. (Green Irish Tweed)

Or as my roommate calls it, "Needless Marcus."

I went there only to sample Green Irish Tweed, because I'd heard so many good things about it. The lady at the counter shows me all the Creed colognes they carry, and brings out this list that not only has the notes of each cologne, but also which celebrities wear which Creed cologne.. how funny. And she states that the Creed line of colognes is exclusive to Neiman Marcus, which of course is an outright lie. The pretentiousness of the whole ordeal made me cringe on the inside, but I can't say I was surprised.

That being said, GIT rocks. I can see why it gets the positive comments it does. I sprayed a bit on me to see how long it lasts.

Default Re: Amused at Neiman Marcus.. (Green Irish Tweed)

Ah! Another Creed convert. Welcome to the darkside.

I own 3 Creeds. GIT, Imperial, and Original Vetiver. Love them all.

Funny experience at NM. I bought mine from the very unpretentious Parfumesraffy store.

I can't get why people love GIT so much. It's basically 80% Cool Water. They basically almot smell alike, and I doubt people can tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I can't get why people love GIT so much. It's basically 80% Cool Water. They basically almot smell alike, and I doubt people can tell the difference.
    No way, man! I've smelled Cool Water.. to me, GIT smells nothing like it. Cool Water is very oceanic..VERY. GIT is less so, more grassy/green/citrus upon first application.. as it dries, it becomes a bit more floral. I sprayed some on me a few hours ago, it's already fading out.. kinda disappointing. John Varvatos lasted nearly all day long on me. Still, GIT is a nice scent, not sure if I'll buy it though.

I've always heard it called "Needless Markup".
    The Sax in my city and many other cities carries the Creed Fragrances. Lies,Lies,Lies........ We know the truth.... And the truth shall.......increase your credit card payments...
    Gary

Neiman Marcus is terrible. The Creed reps I've talked to know nothing about what they are selling. I would never pay $180 for a bottle of Creed when I can get them online for $60-90. I really like GIT along with many other Creeds like BdP, MI, SMW, etc.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Yeah, NM is terrible. The general attitude of the employees is a bit snobby and self-entitled. I don't shop at high end stores anyway.. like for clothes, I hit places like Loehmann's and Nordstrom Rack, and outlets. If I did have to shop at a higher end department store, it would be Nordstrom, because the customer service is top notch. Those people will bend over backwards for you, and probably wouldn't make up absurd lies about a product being exclusive to them when it's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I've seen this said before on Basenotes, and this is extremely far from the truth as I see (smell) it. Since I have a bottle of Cool Water with a little left, last time I read this, I went home and did my own test and had a friend test also.

We both smelled a drastic difference. And the longer we let it dry, the more the differences became clear.

IMHO GIT smells like Coolwater for about 5 minutes. Then the change begins and the depth of GIT really shines...
    Gary

Ok, I have a sample vial for this stuff, so I took it out, and shot some too the wrist. I guess your right, it comes off like Cool Water, but it kind of changes after about 15 mins, but I still don't get all the hype with this one. It doesn't make my head spin or blow me away. It's nice, but I think it's slightly overrated.

I find GIT to be too Cool Water-y and very mainstream-y. In fact, nothing about ANY of the Creeds I've tried has impressed me or justified the price in my view. Boring and blah.

I'm not particularly a fan of the contemporary Creeds either, although they're certainly no worse on average than other contemporary scents (just more expensive) BUT..

I have repeatedly ducked in to the Nieman's in Chicago to try Creeds and Etros, have never purchased a thing but have always been treated in a friendly and non-aggressive manner by their staff. They always try to sell me GIT even if I'm trying Angelique Encens, but they're very nice about it.

Its really weird. I know an love Cool Water since it came out in the eigthies. It was a good friend during highscool, college and university. I seldom used it though because it was so widely used by everyone. When I first tried GIT a Year ago I didn't ever make a connection to Cool Water. I made click when I first read in this forum, that the two of them would smell very much alike and now I see the similarities but I think they are also quite different. The floral dryout is in both quite the same but very much stronger in GIT. In the opening GIT is much more ardent and green than Cool Water.