Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed

A question for all those git fans. Can you wear it in
    the summer time?

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed

My opinion: Absolutely!

I just recently got around to trying this. It strikes me as a fine hot weather scent.

YES!!

To me it is more of a summer time scent than anything but thats up to you to decide if you like it in the heat.

Definitely, I prefer to wear it in summer than on colder days.

I like it best in Spring or Summer.
    Rick

I like it on a cold crisp winter morning, I like it for the office at any time and I enjoy it on a summer's evening. Very versatile and, I find quite addictive...

Trot

It's a year round fragrance for me. However the ambergris basenotes can become a bit cloying in real hot weather, as it takes a long time on my skin for them to fade away. I love GIT on rainy days too. One of my favorites.

Yes..... This is an anytime fragrance..... Works great rear around.
    Gary

GIT is perfect for anytime. Just adjust the application (number of sprays) accordingly.

Thank's guys I feel so much better now because
    I'm wearing it today. Oh yea and the women in my
    office are loving it.

Yes, yes & yes
    Let your nose be your pilot

While on the subject of GIT , I have another question since this is one of the most popular
    Basenotes Creed scents that I have never tried !!!
    It seems Aedes does not carry it anymore so I can't sample it, and I don't want to drop
    $20 on a 1/3 oz decant when a whole bottle can be bought for around $60, if I look hard enough.

Anyway, the constant comparison between GIT and Curve/Cool Water
    has been a deterrent for me from trying it. Also, I have tried the other 2 popular creeds:
    SMW and MI and have not been impressed much by them. Since GIT probably has that one common creed note (Which I'm not so crazy about ) and I don't like coolwater or curve, will
    GIT come as a pleasant surprise ?

Gotham

I think if you don't like SMW or MI that much you might like GIT even less. It seems to me to be one of the Creediest of the modern Creeds.

Creediest of the Creeds ! He He ! Brilliant description ! I will wait around for a sample then.
    Anyway i had another question: GIT EDP vs EDT. Seems some vendors are selling a BLUE GIT bottle which is supposedly EDP. Any insight into that ?

Gotham

There's only one version of GIT , the Millesime. The Millesimes are suposed to have more stayingpower than the edt ones.(the clear bottles with the grey caps). *The 120 ml GIT bottle is black and the 75ml bottle is clear with a black cap.
    For the differences between the millesimes and the edt look here: *http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/sit...rances_for_men

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham City
    I don't like coolwater or curve, will
    GIT come as a pleasant surprise ?

Gotham
    Try Calvin Klein Eternity too. If you dislike Eternity there is a very good chance you will not like GIT.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

GIT is my all time favorite with no question. I wear this stuff year around and bathe in this with the upmost joy! Long live GIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    GIT is my all time favorite with no question. I wear this stuff year around and bathe in this with the upmost joy! Long live GIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, ikkitosennomusha I love GIT too. Favorite of friends and co-workers. That being said, I was just trying to spare Gotham and basenoters yet another review of GIT with the curve/cool water/Eternity comparisions and how GIT sucks, overrating, overpricing, elitism, snobbism etc. etc. etc..
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    [quote author=ikkitosennomusha link=1119967410/15#16 date=1120104939]GIT is my all time favorite with no question. I wear this stuff year around and bathe in this with the upmost joy! Long live GIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, ikkitosennomusha I love GIT too. Favorite of friends and co-workers. That being said, I was just trying to spare Gotham and basenoters yet another review of GIT with the curve/cool water/Eternity comparisions and how GIT sucks, overrating, overpricing, elitism, snobbism etc. etc. etc..[/quote]

I unerstand that, albeit, I cannot make the connection of curve or cool water. In no such way can I champion the character or integrity of this well crafted fragrance. I love GIT for the way if fancys my olfactive receptors, the way it makes me feel, my chemistry with the scent in that it does not irritate my allergies like most other fragrances, its distinctive and manly qualities, the attention it commands, its evolution, etc etc. What a wonderful scent! I have never been into this house or that house but I must admit that Creed has some wonderful things going on. GIT, OV,SMW, and MI are my favs in that order! Consequently, I own all 4 of these.

Currently, I am sampling the patchouly frags. I am looking for a nice scent to relax when I get home. I usually wear GIT during the day and one of my other 3 creed at night for this purpose but its nice to through something in the mix once in and while for diversity.

I personally don't see similarities between GIT and SMW, or between GIT and Cool Water.

GIT is good.

A $10 small decant followed by a $60 full purchase if you like it - and use up the decant - is better than a $60 blind purchase followed by curses and scowling. That's just my opinion. Over $20 I'm very hesitant to fly blind.

BTW, I got a $2 sample of SMW from Perfumebay.com. Worth checking to see if they have any other Creed samples.

I forgot how great this is cold weather! This is very nice on a cold morning!

On any morning IMO.

My favorite anytime.
    If I Could Only Have a Dozen:
    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Creed Silver Mountain Water
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    4. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    5. Creed Bois Du Portugal
    6. Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    7. Creed Tabarome Millesime
    8. Guerlain Heritage
    9. Penhaligon's Sartorial
    10. Creed Royal Oud
    11. Chanel Egoiste
    12. Creed EROLFA

GIT is very wearable any time of the year.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste