Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Blue Mediterraneo?

I sampled Acqua di parma's blue mediterraneo (querca marina) today. It consists of almond, basil, cypress, sea oak & orange. It reminded me of the original cologne with an acquatic twist, although I liked it, I did find it slightly cloying. What are you thoughts?
    Let your nose be your pilot

Default Re: Thoughts on Blue Mediterraneo?

I agree with you re: "slightly cloying". It has a sharp note to it that I find a bit piercing. It seems to me to almost be more of an "aromatherapy" scent rather than a fine, wearable fragrance. Having said that, I enjoy it a great deal, as I'm a sucker for anything approaching an aquatic/marine set of notes. I do find that going light on the sprayer makes it more appealing. And for an aquatic type scent, it lasts forever. There are better, more versatile aquatic/marine scents out there (Erolfa, Motu are two that come to mind. The new Bulgari Aqua is also right up there).

Cheers,
    Jim

I liked the Acqua di Basilico (Basil) scent in this line...but I preferred the shower/bath gel and bath oil over wearing it as a cologne. I think it might have been discontinued.

Thanks for your thoughts so far.

All fragrances from the Blu Mediterraneo line have some kind of aromatherapeutical quality. Quercia Marina for sure is the most distinctive one - it's is specific, sharp note what I particularly like; I also get many compliments when I wear it . But of course it's not everybody's cup of tea. Arancia is much softer and easier to wear, but very good, too. Foglie di Basilico is also a great scent, very green and perfect for warmer days.

As it happens, just today they informed me at my perfume shop that Querzia Marina is being discontinued (in Europe).
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

It may also be worldwide? I'm not sure if I should indulge in this fragrance as i'm in two minds.