Code of Conduct

Default Zino VS Heritage!

Ok, many times i've read about the similarities between the two, but i only know the Zino.

So dear Basenoters, which is your favorite, and how do the two compare?

Thanks!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Default Re: Zino VS Heritage!

Heritage will whack you with its siliage, but it is an authoritative, mature scent. I recall the scent having a bit of lavender and patchouli in it which I think Zino does not have. This is another one where a suit is almost required. "Liquid authority." Probably unwearable in high temperatures.

Zino is another scent which reeks authority, but in a more quiet way. If Heritage is for the CEO, Zino is for the Chairman (or the guy who whispers in the ear of the CEO). It lingers close to the skin and fits like a glove. More resinous than Heritage and doesn't have a lot of siliage. Very comfortable to wear. Closest thing to it that I can think of would be Gucci Envy or L'Occitane Vetiver but very, very, very, very much darker. I am not sure how it would behave in high temperatures, but my guess is that it might not be as bad as one would think because it is very much a basenote-oriented fragrance.

I like both and have both, but I give the edge to Zino because I find it more wearable.

If the siliage in Heritage is too much, try Lalique pour Homme AKA Lalique Lion. I have the EDT and it is very good and rather similar to Heritage.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Thanks, K!

What a great comparison! And the CEO and Chairman analogy is fantastic.

I guess smelling like the Chairman isn't so bad after all!

Perhaps, but you realize that makes me the CEO...

[smiley=grin.gif]

De nada! I have used Heritage when I do mediations ... there is definitely a need to show who is boss and keep some people in line, and I'll use whatever I can since I am not exactly an intimidating presence at 5' 6".
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by spiritcvc
    Perhaps, but you realize that makes me the CEO...

[smiley=grin.gif]
    Whatever you say!! keep breathing in that sillage!
    [smiley=grin.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Whatever you say!! keep breathing in that sillage! [smiley=grin.gif]
    Ain't that just right!

Funny Heritage story: Las Vegas/Big trade show/Giant convention center/About a jillion degrees hot/Full metal salesgear/Yours truly hits the Heritage a bit too strong and is leaving a trail you could land that new Airbus on. I tell ya the people around me must've been in need of mouth-to-mouth.

Except for the little booth hotties. The 20-something local cuties hired to herd customers, hand out literature, etc. THEY were as nice to me as they have ever been in all my years attending this Godforsaken show. Must've thought I was the CEO or something... [smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=wink.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by K
    Heritage will whack you with its siliage... Probably unwearable in high temperatures.
    While this statement is true for the Heritage EdT, you'll find that the EdP version is even more 'reserved' and does not leave as long a siliage trail. And, yes you can wear the Heritage EdP in a hot day and get away with it quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    [quote author=K link=1120013797/0#1 date=1120014548]Heritage will whack you with its siliage... Probably unwearable in high temperatures.
    While this statement is true for the Heritage EdT, you'll find that the EdP version is even more 'reserved' and does not leave as long a siliage trail. And, yes you can wear the Heritage EdP in a hot day and get away with it quite nicely.[/quote]

Good point! I have not tried the EDP; I have the EDT. Now I'm wishing I got the EDP rather than EDT, but I don't recall seeing EDP anyplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    [quote author=godzilla link=1120013797/0#7 date=1120027251][quote author=K link=1120013797/0#1 date=1120014548]Heritage will whack you with its siliage... Probably unwearable in high temperatures.
    While this statement is true for the Heritage EdT, you'll find that the EdP version is even more 'reserved' and does not leave as long a siliage trail. And, yes you can wear the Heritage EdP in a hot day and get away with it quite nicely.[/quote]

Good point! I have not tried the EDP; I have the EDT. Now I'm wishing I got the EDP rather than EDT, but I don't recall seeing EDP anyplace.[/quote]

It pops up on eBay every once in a blue moon. Your best bet would be to have eBay send you a notification email whenever it becomes available.