Code of Conduct

Default Diptyque - L'Ombre Dans L'Eau

I got this yesterday during my monthly fragrance shopping run. This is just IN-CREDIBLE. Pure clean fruity bulgarian roses and the slightest hint of blackcurrant giving it an extra whiff of sweetness...

I wonder why this one doesn't get talked about much...I mean, it is not terribly complex...but it is so well made...such a beautiful clean rose smell...wowzer!!

I usually prefer my roses a little more grounded...like Voleur de Roses or Une Rose....but this one is quite amazing. What other roses come close to this (the old Creed Fleurs de Thé Rose Bulgare comes to mind) ?

Default Re: Diptyque - L'Ombre Dans L'Eau

Smelt this today on my perfume round and agree lovely rounded smell reminded me a lot of Bleinhim(Whatever!) Bouquet. I'm also getting a turkish delight smell out of it believe it or not.

Ah...I guess i must try that sometime then...if it smells anything as good as this...

Quote Originally Posted by fragrancehunter
    Smelt this today on my perfume round and agree lovely rounded smell reminded me a lot of Bleinhim(Whatever!) Bouquet. I'm also getting a turkish delight smell out of it believe it or not.
    So, does L'Omber Dans L'Eau have the strong pine note of Bleinheim Bouquet? If so, I have to pass. Not a big fan of the pinesol scent.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by sentient

So, does L'Omber Dans L'Eau have the strong pine note of Bleinheim Bouquet? If so, I have to pass. Not a big fan of the pinesol scent.
    Wow..pine ? No pine in this one for sure...This is just pure and clean dew drenched Bulgarian Roses dripping with the delicate smell of fresh blackcurrant fruit...rather like the (Mure) part of Mure et Musc...

Love it, I am actually wearing it today. To me it's a very green, fresh and clean rose scent. I think, the green-ness comes from the blackcurrant leaves. Perfect even for hot weather, where I would normally prefer citrus scents.