Code of Conduct

Default Which Christian Dior Homme

Okay folks, Decision time. Which one of the above three dior hommes would you buy? I know each one has a different purpose and time etc., but that being said - which one is best in its class. Say Blanche is good for daytime, is it a very good daytime scent vs Eau Noire which might the best night-time scent. I am intrigued reading Luca Turin's pick of Eau Noire as the ground-breaking of these three. I guess it is difficult to do something extremely exciting with daytime/all-purpose scents. Nevertheless, sometimes Mr Turin's reviews are totally off (to me), hence this poll.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

eric

Default Re: Which Christian Dior Homme

Hard to say. Cologne Blanche is the ultimate feel good, daywear scent, but If you want something out of the ordinary , for evening I'd vote for Eau Noir. It's in the same leage as FM's *Musc Ravageur . Not in the sense that it's they smell alike, but in the sense that it's quite sexy and heavy.It's a lavender who stept over to the dark side (to speak in Jedi terms)It's spicy,smokey and smooth. It's sex in a bottle. I prefer this one to Musc Ravageur actually. * Mr Turin was right on this one.

It really depends what you like! If you want something slightly powdery and floral, along the lines of Caron Pour un Homme, go for Blanche. If you like something a little more honey-ambery, go for Argent, if you want something a bit darker and like lavender, go for Noire.

After smelling party in CD boutique I found Eau Noire the best from the trio.
    Cologne Blanche was very weak and close to skin.
    Argent is good and very precise. Reminds me a surgery.
    Eau Noire is the very best.
    I`m glad that my choice was in pair with Luca Turin. OK, not only mine!
    In November 2004 (suppose it was 2-nd month after its launch) there`re no 125 ml bottles of Eau Noire in all Paris boutiques of CD!!!!! So I quit to buy a bigger bottle. I`m waiting...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I liked Eau noire immediately and bought the 125 ml. I m not specialy found of lavander, but here it is not too obvious, I found it rather woody-spicy.
    Cologne blanche is interesting, but you have to like powder, reminds me a lot of baby's oil. Intersting to see in a cologne, but not exactly refreshing for a summer day...
    Bois d'Argent did not apeal to me. Maybe the myrrhe note, that I also recognize in Paname (Keiko Mecheri).

I can twait for fall cooler days to wear my new Eau noire!

If anyone can suggest me something to be able to connect to Basenotes, you re welcome!
    'Martin

francois

Martin,
    when your browser is closed, delete all your Basenotes cookies.
    Next time you go to Basenotes, you'll be able to login normally.
    With Internet Explorer, the cookie has a name of the following form:
    Cookie:user@www.basenotes.net
    "user" being your Windows user profile name.
    Start the Find files and folders windows applet and search for "Cookie:*@www.basenotes.net" (without the quotes).
    Then delete the cookie.

HTH!