Code of Conduct

Default Annick Goutal Question

I see that most of the men's fragrances from Annick Goutal line are also available in a different packaging for women (Mandragore, Eau d'Hadrien, etc.). Question is: Do they smell exactly the same?

Also, is AG considered a designer or an artisanal fragrance house?

MJH

Default Re: Annick Goutal Question

There's no difference in the juice between the men's and women's versions: only the bottles are different. If there's a price difference, I buy whichever one is cheapest. The real difference to look for is in the perfume oil concentration (EdT vs EdP): that can make a big difference.

I'd consider Annick Goutal an artisanal house, since they only make personal scents, perfumed body products and scented candles.
    http://www.annickgoutal.nl/en/fragrances/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    Do they smell exactly the same?
    Also, is AG considered a designer or an artisanal fragrance house?
    Yes, they smell the same assuming same concentration. Beehive bottles for women, rectangular cubes for men. AG would be artisanal for reasons MJH has posted.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Thanks for clearing that up for me MJH.
    By the way, I didn't know that AG's fragrances also come in the EdP strength (though I'd expect that they would for women's). Wonder what the Eau d'Hadrien be like in the EdP form [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Thanks for clearing that up for me MJH.
    By the way, I didn't know that AG's fragrances also come in the EdP strength (though I'd expect that they would for women's). Wonder what the Eau d'Hadrien be like in the EdP form [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    The EDP version is called Eau d'Hadrien Absolu. The only thing that lasts, EdH is gone in twenty three seconds.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Excellent! By the way, do you know of any other AG's fragrances for men that come in EdP form?

Thanks.

Excellent! By the way, do you know of any other AG's fragrances for men that come in EdP form?

Thanks.
    Sorry I don't. Hard to imagine EdP for Vetiver [smiley=shocked.gif]
    -- Marcel Proust

MJH

As far as I know, Les Nuits d'Hadrien is the only male or unisex Goutal that also comes in EdP strength, but I think it's only sold in the women's bottle.

In which case I would go for the EdP for Les Nuits, based on a "23 second effect" I got with a sample of the EdT the other day.

Thank you guys, really appreciate your help.

godzilla

Les nuits d'Hadrien EdT really has a 30 seconds effect. The bottle is square shaped if that worries you. As for Annick Goutal itself, you may wish to buy the company (with the savings of a couple of Basenoters) since the Taittinger family is said to be planning to sell their whole group (champagne, hotels, and tiny little Annick Goutal) for something like € 2 billion...