Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Target vs. Department Stores

Lately I have seen Wal-Mart, Target, etc carrying designer fragrances (Ken Cole, Lacoste, Burberry, etc). I was just wondering if these are any different from the versions carried in department stores. Like, are they diluted a little or anything? I got a 2.5oz bottle of Curve from Dillards @ the mall the other day for $30. Then today I was shopping @ Target & noticed that they had Curve for sale for $18 for a 2.5oz bottle! I'd feel a lot better about spending the extra $12 if the Target version is somehow inferior to the dept. store version, lol.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Target vs. Department Stores

No way to tell really, but often fragrances seen at stores like Marshalls or TJ Maxx are overstock returned to the distributor from dept stores, or overstock sent directly from the distributors. I'm not sure if Target gets overstock or new items, but I doubt the age difference between Dillard's and Target would be all that significant...spend your money at Target and with the money you save get something else you're interested as well!

Blog Entries

Doh! That's what I wanted to do! But I already threw away the receipt for the Curve. I SO could've returned it too, I've only used it twice since I got it. But I highly doubt they'll return it w/o the receipt. But as soon as I found the $18 deal @ Target I got really excited. I was gonna go back to my place, find the receipt, & exchange it for something else. Alas, no receipt was found [smiley=sad.gif] I guess this will be a lesson learned for next time.

CJ,

You may still be able to return the package back to Target for refund even though you no longer have the receipt; I've seen others do it. But, call them before going there just in case.

godzilla

I don't believe there is anything wrong with them they are the same as in regualar department stores.

EA Fragrances (Elizabeth Arden) is a distributer of many fragrances (calvin klein, Aramis..etc) to such stores as Kohl's, Sears, Wal-Mart, Target.

Just today I picked up a giftset of Aramis and behind the box it said distributed by EA Fragrances. *Many fragrance companies used distributers to market their scents for it helps say Estee Lauder to cut such cost and therefore the customer see it in the price.

Blog Entries

OK, I discovered that the tin that the bottle of Curve came in has a sticker w/ the bar code, price, & name of the store. MAYBE this can serve as a receipt if they can scan the bar code. I'm gonna check on this tomorrow. Thank you for your replies!

Blog Entries

Just a lil update...I WAS able to return my bottle of Curve to the perfume shop & I exchanged it for a bottle of Dolce & Gabbana . GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my first bottle of it. Then when I went to Target to get the bottle of Curve on sale, it turns out that the sale was for LAST weekend & not this weekend. They just hadn't taken the sign down. But, I was still able to get Curve there for about $6 less than @ the perfume place. All in all, I'm very happy

Which Dolce & Gabbana did you buy??? If you bought D&G pour homme that is truly one magnificent scent and around here NOBODY wears it.

I don't think it's a new trend, I have seen designer fragrances at discount stores like Walmart , Target and drugstores like Walgreens for years now. Heck, my local grocery supermarket carries not just american designer fragrances by the likes of CK, RL, TH and LZ, but also european designers like Armani, YSL, Boss and such. And not just overstocks or leftovers, but the most popular items, like the ubiqous ADG. I bought my bottle of Safari at a foodstore 10 years ago, they had a much better price...

Heck my local Sears carries Angel!

Blog Entries

Cookesoul, yep I got the pour homme. It's truly fantastic.

I didn't realize that stores like Wal-Mart have been carrying designer fragrances for awhile. Maybe this has to do w/ the fact that I just moved to Kansas City a couple months ago & the stores here are bigger, lol. They certainly didn't carry designer fragrances in the lil podunk towns I've been living in!

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    Heck my local Sears carries Angel!
    I saw Angel at Albertsons - Foodstore.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    [quote author=scentimus link=1119744423/0#9 date=1119837919]Heck my local Sears carries Angel!
    I saw Angel at Albertsons - Foodstore.[/quote]

I saw it at a Wal-Mart in Fort Wayne, IN. But ALBERTSON'S (or Jewel as they're called here in Chicago)? What is this world coming to?
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    But ALBERTSON'S (or Jewel as they're called here in Chicago)? What is this world coming to?
    And why not?