Code of Conduct

Default What is your favourite chocolate smell?

I think the subject says it all. I have yet to find something that intrigues me.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Default Re: What is your favourite chocolate smell?

Hershey's, with almonds.

A*Men, Is by far my Favorite chocolate smell ever!

I'd have to say CSP Amour de Cacao or Tartiene et Chocolate...from memory because I lost the bottle. But nothing beats the smell of a good cup of Hot Chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by HLCcrazychrystal2
    A*Men, * Is by far my Favorite chocolate smell ever!
    I have to agree.

Jeff

The one and only A*men.

Bond 9 New Haarlem (patchouli, coffee bean and chocolate) and CSP Amour de Cacao (a hint of almond and orange peel). I've overdosed on Amen, but I still find it to be a brilliant creation. Bulgari Omnia's White Chocolate notes are wonderful and I love the original Angel.

I think it is hard to find a chocolate note...........even in A*men I am not sure if it is chocolate or something else.

If I HAD TO name one "choco-scent" it would be Bvlgari Blv Notte...........it IS possible to recognize some dark bitter choco there.........

Opium, the parfum-version, also has some traces of dark chocolate.

Mic.

I've tested many a chocolate scent looking for the perfect one. There is Serendipitous which is hot chocolate w/ marshmallows, the hint of orange may or may not show up. CSP Amour de Cacao smells like Coco Puffs on me. Jazzelle from laoaks.com is dark chocolate, with orange and spice - quite nice. Fresh Fleurs du Chocolat - simple chocolate and orange. (unfortunately Fresh discontined manon, mikado and lucia chocolate scents). DSH Fleurs de Chocolat - chocolate and a hint of floral and Bois du Chocolat - woody w/ a hint of chocolate, both are nice enough. Dragonflyblue.com has a line of chocolate truffle scents - Orleans has chocolate, coconut, and musk, Mandarin is orange, chocolate on a woody vanilla base, Hazelnut toasted hazelnuts, chocolate, of hint coffee, woods and vanilla, Cocoa is chocolate syrup, Amaretto is amaretto, chocolate on a woody vanilla base. DFB are the most chocolatey of the chocolates I've tried. She had some others at her test phase which I really loved but didn't make the final cut - namely black forest - chocolate and cherries. mmm I blended some the the cocoa truffle with bergamot, grapefruit, vanilla and apricot oils and it is delish. I've also heard recs for Perfumers palette chocolate note, but haven't tried it myself. I'm hoping to try the Mat one in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by jacona
    I've tested many a chocolate scent looking for the perfect one. There is Serendipitous which is hot chocolate w/ marshmallows, the hint of orange may or may not show up. CSP Amour de Cacao smells like Coco Puffs on me. Jazzelle from laoaks.com is dark chocolate, with orange and spice - quite nice. Fresh Fleurs du Chocolat - simple chocolate and orange. (unfortunately Fresh discontined manon, mikado and lucia chocolate scents). DSH Fleurs de Chocolat - chocolate and a hint of floral and Bois du Chocolat - woody w/ a hint of chocolate, both are nice enough. Dragonflyblue.com has a line of chocolate truffle scents - Orleans has chocolate, coconut, and musk, Mandarin is orange, chocolate on a woody vanilla base, Hazelnut toasted hazelnuts, chocolate, of hint coffee, woods and vanilla, Cocoa is chocolate syrup, Amaretto is amaretto, chocolate on a woody vanilla base. DFB are the most chocolatey of the chocolates I've tried. She had some others at her test phase which I really loved but didn't make the final cut - namely black forest - chocolate and cherries. mmm I blended some the the cocoa truffle with bergamot, grapefruit, vanilla and apricot oils and it is delish. I've also heard recs for Perfumers palette chocolate note, but haven't tried it myself. I'm hoping to try the Mat one in the near future.
    You know, I am very impressed by your knowledge on chocolate scents, that is. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Rochas Man
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Blv Notte
    the rest make me feel like I had a sugar OD.

Last year, I ordered CSP Amour de Cacao, and the contents of the bottle leaked all over the shipping box. The smell was overwhelming and totally nauseating. For weeks, I couldn't get that cloying, fake cocoa out of my scent memory. I find all of the CSP's I've tried to be sickeningly sweet and grossly synthetic. Yuck!

At the risk of sounding inconsistent, I must say that for me Hanae Mori is a guilty pleasure. The chocolate in the drydown is just right. Yes, I know HM could be accused of being cloying and synthetic, but something about it just works for me. Yum!

I'm with "K" on this one----my nose detects a light chocolate smell in Rochas Man which is nice but almost too rich to wear regularly.

Vegueros For Men
    Rochas Man
    Animale Animale For Men
    Lalique Faune

CSP Amour de Cacao for the best uncluttered chocolate (a bit orangey). Other scents monkey up with coffee, vanilla, patchouli licorice notes.

Interestingly, I heard that A*Men actually does not contain any chocolate. In fact, other notes combine to give the impression of choclate notes. Not sure of the truth, but everybody will swear they smell chocolate in A*Men. However A*Men has other notes that overwhelm.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Mic

Opium, the parfum-version, also has some traces of dark chocolate.

Mic.
    Thank you!! I couldn't quite put my finger (and nose) on it....but THAT'S what i smell!! Dark chocolate!!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

A*Men is my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Hershey's, with almonds.
    I'll join Doc, a fellow smart-aleck and say: Reese's PB Cups!
    I like my chocolate with peanut butter. If they put that in a fragrance, they'd have something there, baby. They'd have something!
    [smiley=wink.gif]

I also agree that it is possible that the chocolate scent in A*Men comes from certain notes combined, but it smells too much like the real thing. Till now I can't really figure whether it's real chocolate or not. Anyway, it's still my favourite 'chocolate' smell.

Next would be Bvlgari BLV Notte. This one definitely has bitter, dark chocolate in it!

New Haarlem is my favorite Gourmand....as far as Chocolate scents....it is A*MEN

For me, without a doubt, it's HM Hanae Mori. Jasmine, lemon, lavender, vanilla and chocolate--delicious. Sweet without the cloying effect. At least on me. But then again, I've never minded a little sugar in my bowl!

A*Men by far. I once asked a person "Don't I smell like an ice cream sundae?" and she replied "You DO!".

Hanae Mori HM turns into a cloying floral mess on my skin. Haven't tried Rochas Man though.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Why So Serious?

I know that Musc Ravageur does not contain chocolate, but something produces a chocolatey aroma in this fragrance, i've really come to appreciate this fragrance, truly brillliant.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Another vote for Hanae Mori, with AMen second

Fresh chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.

Aaron

Serendipitous is probably the best chocolate perfume I've sampled. It is similar to CPS Amour de Cacao, but a bit longer lasting on me. As much as I admire them, chocolate perfumes make me really hungry though. I've decided it's better for me if I don't wear them.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by sentient
    Interestingly, I heard that A*Men actually does not contain any chocolate. In fact, other notes combine to give the impression of choclate notes.
    All I get from A*Men is an overwhelming, roasted coffee note; no chocolate.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

ROCHAS MAN ! MmmMMmmmMMMMmm it smells best at night !

Angel! I also liked Serendipitous when I tasted it, it reminds me of Marabou Noblesse Orange, crispy thin chocolates...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

HM would be the perfect Valentine's scent: flowers and chocolate!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Just ordered a bottle blind. After all these positive reviews , it must be ok then. This scent is not well known in where I live (The Netherlands),too bad. *I like sweet scents once in a while. My favorite chocolate scent at the moment is Vetiver Oriental from SL., although the chocolate is quite on the background there.

I just got a little roll-on of Origins Cocoa therapy:

http://www.origins.com/templates/pro...CT_ID=PROD7045

smells like a 3 Musketeers bar - with a little Madini Santal Blanc this stuff is amazing...

Let's not forget Aftlier's Cacao.

I forgot to mention Bond No 9 So New York - mirabelle plum, cocoa and a touch of coffee.

I haven't tested Cacao, but the reviews are frightening. lol