Code of Conduct

Default Bond no. 9   The Hamptons

They sent me a sample of this the other day. Its quite nice. A sporty, preppy kind of scent.
    Awesomeguy

Default Re: Bond no. 9 * The Hamptons

I like it...But as most Bond No.9 frags...it smells like a Creed.
    Hamptons is similar to SMW.
    What do you think?

It's a combination between bulgari's Green tea & creed's SMW..but it's quite concentrated, perhaps too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    I like it...But as most Bond No.9 frags...it smells like a Creed.
    Hamptons is similar to SMW.
    What do you think?
    Well, it looks like I may have spoke too soon.
    I'm trying Hamptons on one hand and SMW on the other.
    They are more different than similar in my eyes.
    I think SMW is more powerful as well.

Hamptons has a very prominent rose note in it, though it's funny how close it comes to smelling like the currant note in SMW. My parents have a number of rose bushes around their property, I can't recall what type they are, but they've always smelled of some sort of berries, and it's almost the exact smell I get from Hamptons. That's not to say the fragrance is overly floral--it's not, but it does go through a phase where the rose is prominently featured.
    The Bark Bites Back.

First a compliment to Bond No. 9. As a customer, it is appreciated when a fragrance house automatically sends out a sample of a new product directly to your home. You have bought from them before, so it a safe assumption that you will test drive the fragrance with a high return on their marketing investment likely. The size of the sample is unusually generous.

My early impression, is somewhat disappointing. The pepper somewhat overwhelms the other notes, until in a late dry down, a tea like note emerges. On my skin, used a splash, it just isn't very complex. I will try it in an atomizer to see if the results are more interesting.

Worth a try? Absolutely. Just sample it before you buy.