Code of Conduct

Default Going to the Mall in 4 Hours!

I was wanting to revisit some old classics today and was wondering what you all felt was the best classic the mall has to offer. I cannot wwait for the polo black to come out or the new davdoff black but, I just have to go today because I have that itch that I have to scratch!

Default Re: Going to the Mall in 4 Hours!

Lacoste style and play is not a classic but I added it anyway; I arbitrarily voted for it so I could see the poll.

I voted for Aramis; Polo was a bit to medicinal for me. I love Aramis's drydown; reminiscent of Antaeus/Yatagan, but I have no qualms wearing it to work.
    Obsession is indeed good but it gives me a headache, and it dies on me quickly.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Quote Originally Posted by K
    I voted for Aramis; Polo was a bit to medicinal for me. I love Aramis's drydown; reminiscent of Antaeus/Yatagan, but I have no qualms wearing it to work.
    Obsession is indeed good but it gives me a headache, and it dies on me quickly.
    Thanks for your imput k! Aramis is really special for me. When I was in jr. high, my best friends dad wore that and when he would shower for work and come down stairs where my friend and I where passed out, I would smell where he had splashed it own and I remember it smelling distinguished and manly. So, I remember he wore it and he had a big splash bottle of it. I eventually bought my dad a bottle and wound up wearing it myself. Now that it has been umpteen years, it will be nice to smell it again!

I have a brand new bottle of Aramis (1.7 oz) with the box I would swap for something if you want it. I bought it on clearance a couple of months ago so it wouldn't take much to pry it from me. Let me know if you are interested.

It has to be Aramis, I recently bought a bottle & I've been doing so for a few years now, it's a special scent & brings back good memories. It's been very good to me!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Aramis and Obsession are great classics but it has to be Polo for me..... This is Class in a bottle for sure.
    May I add Safari Pour Homme which I even like better.
    I can't wait for Polo Black and Davidoff's Silver Shadow either.... along with the Dior Homme Fragrance that will be launched.....
    Gary

For what it is worth, Aramis 2 oz bottles have been popping up for $19.99 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls lately.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Quote Originally Posted by K
    For what it is worth, Aramis 2 oz bottles have been popping up for $19.99 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls lately.
    Thanks k and by the btw, I am just about to order a bottle of jazz I think. I mis it so much as it is a special scent for me. Do you know if they still carry the full range at the boutiques such as the deo stick? I looked on the ysl website and it doesn't look like it is in production. Any info on this truely amazing scen would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ikkitosennomusha
    [quote author=K link=1119710605/0#7 date=1119723160]For what it is worth, Aramis 2 oz bottles have been popping up for $19.99 at TJ Maxx/Marshalls lately.
    Thanks k and by the btw, I am just about to order a bottle of jazz I think. I mis it so much as it is a special scent for me. Do you know if they still carry the full range at the boutiques such as the deo stick? I looked on the ysl website and it doesn't look like it is in production. Any info on this truely amazing scen would be appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

Sorry man, no idea. I haven't been to a YSL boutique. I live in South Jersey close to Philly so those kind of stores don't pop up around my way. Not even in Philly. Maybe in Manattan.

I have only seen Jazz EDT, never the deodorant. If it is any consolation, I have seen Tsar box sets and Tsar is close to Jazz. I know they are not exactly the same. I prefer Jazz, but only slightly more; it has a stronger rose note. I think Tsar has a stronger carnation note. (I love carnation! Get Tabac Original if you love it too!)

Yesterday I saw Tsar at Marshalls, if that helps... I think it was 1.7 oz for $14.99. Looks like the new bottle. I was tempted to get it since I traded my 1 oz bottle away, but then realized what the hell am I doing!? I'm trying to consolidate, not expand my selection. :/
    K

You need Aramis, which is so good.

Buy both Obsession and Aramis - the only way to do it!

Mic.

I just got a 2.5oz Obsession the other night.. I haven't had it in many years and I love it!

Well, I am back from my trip and sampled all from my list and loved the all. I liked style and play the least. Let me notate a few thoughts from my journey:

Chanel Pour Monsieur (original, not the concentree): I loved this as this was among the best I sampled there. It was slightly powdery but not enough so to ruin the scent. It is so sophisticated and mature. Love it!

Polo Green: Love it but as many have said, its only crime is being too popular. I will eagery await the black in hope it is more like crest.

Del Mar: What a frickin' joke! I dig the bottle but hate the juice. What a waste of financial efforts!

Boss soul: I hate the bottle and the juice. Ditto

style and play: a buckett of green apples that you picked iin a cedar thicket. It wants to be something but is not quite there. It celebrates mediocrity.

aramis: love it as the warm, woodsy juice brings back fond memories.

adg, reaction: same synthetic vein. If I spent money on this, I would have to ask a friend to kick me in the nuts, take my money, and call it a day.

obsession: It is a clean, warm scent for office useage. It still has its place at the counter.

swiss army original: a breath of fresh air. This stuff is strong with sillage from hell. It is cheap and smell good but I used to own thi and just feel like it is time to move on although I would not mind owning it again someday.

nautica competition: where is it? has it been pulled? it has not been at any counter I have seen. I used to like it only for a scent to do nothing in. any plans for a future nautica?

escada magnetism: like the drydown but overall is too sweet for my liking.

ck summer: it smells great actually but it is almost the same fragrace as Gendarme!!! anyone notice this?

herera: smells good and classic. it is in the vein of neroli sayvage to me. anyone agree?

Well, thats it for now. I almost bought something on impulse but found the strength to wait for something that really gets my attention! More later.........