Code of Conduct

Default I actually liked Kuros and a job offer for me!

So I went to my local The Bay and pull the Kouros tester and tried once. I can't belive my nose, I actually like something that I used to really hate. So does this ever happen to anyone? 1st you hate it then you love it?

Also when I went into a local perfume store and talked to those nice SAs. I bought a fragrance from them and I talked to them for a while. Guess what happens next? They offer me a job as and SA on site, and I was shocked. The manager right there was so impressed my knowledge about fragrance and she liked the way I talked. So she said that I should try and apply to the owner of the store, if I don't have a job already. So how much does SA makes? For full time or part time? I'm a cook and I don't need another job already as I'm doing my apprenticeship for now. I just can't believe my knowledge in fragrance can give me a nice job in the fragrance selling industry. [smiley=happy.gif] All because of this special little place who educated me in the ways of the smell. So is being a SA a good job, I'm not really interested right now, but it's good to have another choice in life. Also any SA's comment would help, plus how did they have the job in the 1st place. Did they actually offer a job to you and you accepted it?

For real I used to like Curve until u guys showed me the "dark side" of the fragrance! [smiley=sad.gif] Those were better days when I can't smell the sour notes in it and now I hook on the smooth and good stuff which are TOOO expensive to feed as a habit.

Thank you for reading ya!

Default Re: I actually liked Kuros and a job offer for me!

Quote Originally Posted by scentless_scent
    So I went to my local The Bay and pull the Kouros tester and tried once. I can't belive my nose, I actually like something that I used to really hate. So does this ever happen to anyone? 1st you hate it then you love it?
    Coincidentally, I was going through some samples today, and ran across an A*Men sample. *I was surprised to find it, I thought I had thrown away every A*Men sample I had ever received.

So...curiosity got the better of me, and I spritzed a little bit on my arm, and wow..............! *I kind of liked it. *I think the operative phrase is "a little bit", but one way or the other, I did not find it as cloying as I have in the past.

Cheers,
    Jim

Not to burst your bubble but most fragrance SA's I've met know absolutely nothing about fragrance. For example I asked to sample Boss Soul the other day at Macy's because the tester was behind the counter. As she reached for a test strip to spray it on I said no I want it on my arm. She quicky pushed the nozzle against my hand and gave it a quick squirt. Ah yes thats how I wear my perfume, a big glob of liquid on my hand.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I had a similar love and hate relationship with Mechant Loup.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Scentless, they'd be damned lucky if they could get you, even part time. With your experience, you would put the simpering ditzes I've had to deal with to shame.

Of course, there's a downside. You would experience a bit more direct contact with retail humans than you are likely to be used to as a cook. Like the chucklehead at the lady's counter across the way shouting, "What've I gotta do, grow boobs to whiff a little Paloma Picasso!?" - but I reminisce. (They sure did give me a squirt on a card in short order, though, I have to say.)

With any luck, your customers would be a lot more tractable than I ever am.

O.k., I am a SA and here's what I can tell you about the job:

1. Don't expect too much money (unless you're working on provision and you're really damn good)
    2. 90% of your customers don't care about your passion for fragrances. They just want to know where to find Aramis/Kouros/Boss/Catpee. On the brightside, it's a real pleasure to talk to customers who are actually interested in fragrances.
    3. Sometimes a customer can be convinced to buy something that actually smells good. The other 95% will continue buying Cool Water or a fragrance that's heavily advertised at the moment. This can be a little frustrating, because a lot of people still think that Boss and Davidoff are the only fragrances to buy and that Guerlain or Hermès are only for girls.
    4. Oh, it's still fun. Wouldn't want to do it for the rest of my life (at least not in the duty-free where I'm currently working), but at least you're always surrounded by the things you love and you can always try whatever you like. This comes in handy, when a fragrance you don't own is discussed here.

I'd say as a part-time job it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy
    O.k., I am a SA and here's what I can tell you about the job:

1. Don't expect too much money (unless you're working on provision and you're really damn good)
    2. 90% of your customers don't care about your passion for fragrances. They just want to know where to find Aramis/Kouros/Boss/Catpee. On the brightside, it's a real pleasure to talk to customers who are actually interested in fragrances.
    3. Sometimes a customer can be convinced to buy something that actually smells good. The other 95% will continue buying Cool Water or a fragrance that's heavily advertised at the moment. This can be a little frustrating, because a lot of people still think that Boss and Davidoff are the only fragrances to buy and that Guerlain or Hermès are only for girls.
    4. Oh, it's still fun. Wouldn't want to do it for the rest of my life (at least not in the duty-free where I'm currently working), but at least you're always surrounded by the things you love and you can always try whatever you like. This comes in handy, when a fragrance you don't own is discussed here.

I'd say as a part-time job it's great.
    Its nice when you ask for help and you don't get lead to Liz Claiborne's new fragrance Curve for men and insisted to buy the whole boxed set....plus being told this is NEW scent.[smiley=angry.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    Not to burst your bubble but most fragrance SA's I've met know absolutely nothing about fragrance. *For example I asked to sample Boss Soul the other day at Macy's because the tester was behind the counter. *As she reached for a test strip to spray it on I said no I want it on my arm. *She quicky pushed the nozzle against my hand and gave it a quick squirt. Ah yes thats how I wear my perfume, a big glob of liquid on my hand.
    The SA's aren't so great here either. I went in once and this one lady told me, Alfred Sung Hei was the one number men's fragrance in North America right now, and she even tried to sell it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy

Guerlain or Hermès are only for girls. *[smiley=shocked.gif]
    omg no way, those idoits are missing alot then. For real curve as a new fragrance is a funny lie. I really wish SAs are more like us; wow I really wonder how good the human social enivroment would smell then!

Come on Alfred Sung Hei ? 1st in America? Come on! More like Le male or some not so good smelling stuff. ppl just buy that overly sweet fragrance for the bottle and they never use it! Why can't they just give them a sample and give us the pure parfume of that fragrance? We are the one who actually like fragrances. : (

For real, why is that we are the only one with Edt and women get Edp and pure parfumes?

Blog Entries

First of all, congrats on your job offer!!! I too have had a similar experience, where I go to a dept. store & get to talking w/ the SA's about different fragrances. I was @ the Clinique counter gushing about Happy for Men. The SA was impressed that I knew all the prices better than SHE did & she recommended that I apply for a job there. I didn't really give much thought to it, but it may be a handy weekend job. I could always use more money...but then again the employee discounts could get me into trouble [smiley=evil.gif]
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia