Code of Conduct

Thread: Une Rose

Default Une Rose

This Malle scent kicks ass! The only other rose I had ever considered wearing was Voleur. But Une Rose, even though they call it a woman's scent, is a very intense, but delicious one, a lot of rose with a bit of dirt in a tavern. Not for a job interview but tougher than a lot of the stuff you smell off the shelf today.

Default Re: Une Rose

This sounds great. My mouth....i mean nose,is really watering now.
    I just ordered the 3 10ml bottles of Une Rose (blind) a few days ago.

I love or at the very least,really like all of the FM's (6 of 'em,all bought blind) i own. FM,for me,probably has the best track record of any other House.

Plus,i LOVE the smell of roses. I even have a small bottle of Bulgarian rose ( this stuff is mind-blowing) essential oil. I think rose,if it is blended with the right notes,can smell amazing and even 'masculine' on us guys.

If you can,could you please give a more detailed description of this scent?
    Thanks alot.

Jeff

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

The deepest , velvetest, burgundy roses silently infusing the still air of a dark wood panelled room in late afernoon...

Here's The description from their website, in case you haven't seen it:
    Edouard Fléchier marries the voluptuousness of the flower to the carnal depth of a new truffle accord laced with woody and animal notes. A fruit and honey burst of Turkish rose absolute is punctuated with geranium and wine dregs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidion
    The deepest , velvetest, burgundy roses silently infusing the still air of a dark wood panelled room in late afernoon...
    I love this description.....i can almost 'smell it' in my mind. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

MJH

I'm always surprised this Malle gets so little mention on the boards: it's one of the absolute best "rose with a twist" scents: it's the 'truffle note" (don't know if any real truffles were harmed in the making of those notes) that contributes not just an 'earthy' quality', but a 'rich, earthy' quality.

I've sampled Une rose last week. Expecting a frivolous girlish rose scent, I was surprised from that earthy, velvety fleshy rose!
    Not frivolous at all, but even spiritual...
    More twisted at the feminine side.

Basenotes Plus

I so wanted to love this scent as the thought of a truffle accord was especially intriguing. Unfortunately, all I got from it was Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose. Darn body chemistry!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

At one point I thought that this rose is not for me (for a cold weather rose). But after trying the fabled Noir de Noir I have turned 180 on this and come to appreciate the entire FM line even more.

This is truffly, deep (as in grounded) and also fairly strong.

Yes, I have trouble finding the correct season or the number of sprays in terms of application. But for sure, this is a beautiful fragrance.

I love most of the Malle line and have almost all but simply don't care for this one.

Sur la Plage

I love this one - it is a great fragrance.

Une Rose is quite nice.

I'm finding more and more rose centered perfumes available in today's market: Une Rose Chypree by Tauer, Lyric Man by Amouage, and the newest F. Malle, Portrait of a Lady, just to name a few.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pigasus27