Code of Conduct

Default Perfume for Job Interview

What perfume would you consider to be suitable to wear to a blue collar job interview?

My preference is for something subtle & old school. Your thoughts are most welcome...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Default Re: Perfume for Job Interview

How about Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta.

Classic, classy, very pleasant and not overpowering.

Green Irish Tweed or Gendarme
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Jaipur EDT maybe?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

This question has been asked on the board many times before, and the general consensus here--and among experts--is that you should not wear fragrance to a job interview. What if the interviewer is allergic to your fragrance? What if her ex-husband wore the same scent? If you absolutely, positively *must* wear something, make sure it's light and don't overspray it. Try Gendarme, Clean Men, TM Cologne, etc.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Scentsei has it right. Fragrance shouldn't be worn during a job interview. But if you just *had* to wear one, the only fragrance remotely appropriate to wear would be Gendarme, IMHO.

DO NOT wear fragrance on a job interview. Just don't

I'm glad you raise this point, there seems to be a split between those that will abstain from perfume usage & those that will indulge in it.

As for me, I couldn't care less if my interviewer liked my perfume or not, I just prefer to be myself...

a tiny bit of old spice or brut 33. anything else but old school and you might give off the image of a pompus ass. I interviewed a chap not too long ago, and he did not make it past the initial chat. whatever he was wearing was cheap and loud. he applied too much, it was close to lunch and it made me sick to my stomach. all I could think about was getting him away from me as fast as possible. obnoxious. the biggest point was...he should have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by portdeluac
    a tiny bit of old spice or brut 33. *anything else but old school and you might give off the image of a pompus ass. *I interviewed a chap not too long ago, and he did not make it past the initial chat. * whatever he was wearing was cheap and loud. *he applied too much, it was close to lunch and it made me sick to my stomach. *all I could think about was getting him away from me as fast as possible. *obnoxious. *the biggest point was...he should have known better. *
    A lesson well learnt.

As a general rule in any interview for a job it is better not to, in any way, outdo, the person who is interviewing you. This calls for a certain discrimination, since it is rarely your skill that clinches the job ( Most interviews are arranged on the basis of being skilled enough for the job anyway -otherwise why apply).

Clinching the job is really a question of leverage; As an applicant , one has to bring the Employer to one's senses without interfering in theirs. Being wonderfully dressed, groomed and fragranced all go against The One who provides too much of a negative contrast between himself and his Appraiser.

Better to assess your Battleground before the interview and plan accordingly.

Balance is everything, much better than smelling fabulous in the unemployment line!!

G

I'd go with Eau Sauvage or Gendarme V. Whatever it is, keep it gentle. I'm not sure if you should wear one if you are going for a blue-collar position ... it might be "against type".
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

During a job interview, indeed is important not only to have the required skills, but to make a good impression of reliability and balance. It's important to be well dressed but not too elegant or strange, to be clean and having combed hair but being also natural. So a scent should help making you more self confident (first of all) and should reflect this clean, well balanced, self confident image.
    Thus it will be very light, not strange, and long lasting.
    I suggest Chanel pour monsieur or CD eau sauvage as classics and if you look for something modern, Lanvin homme (the blue one); but apply with parsimony!

Quote Originally Posted by stra6ko
    DO NOT wear fragrance on a job interview. Just don't
    For a blue collar interview, I would agree.