Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your Next Purchases?

Got anything in the pipeline for the next few weeks? I'm going to buy a few trumper products next. I love their shave creams and a few of their colognes...so heres my list

Trumper violet shave cream
    Trumper sandalwood shave cream
    Trumper sandalwood soap
    Trumpers GFT cologne ( used the sample and i just love this! )
    Trumpers GFT bath gel [smiley=bath.gif]
    Trumpers Ajaccio violets ( now i love violets and i do have the sample but as has been said in the current 'violets' topic, its not very lasting. Nevertheless i'll probably still get it)

I want a few floris products as well, but i'm waiting for a number of samples from them before making a decision

ok, how about you guys and gals? [smiley=smiley.gif]

ED

*update* a really downer today, just recieved credit card statement....[smiley=sad.gif]

Default Re: Your Next Purchases?

I just made some huge purchases... for me anyway.

From Adeel (AZsmells) I got... decants of M7 Fresh, Santal Imperial, Green Tea, Czech and Speak No. 88 and Frankincense and Myrhh. I also got a partially filled bottle of Blu Notte pH.

From Marlen (Scentaur7) I got... decants of Alessandro dell Aqua pour Homme, Bulgari Blu Homme, Donna Karan Black Cashmere, Crown Eau De Russe, Guerlain Heritage and Versace Mediterraneum. I also got myself a half full 1oz bottle of Bois du Portugal.

That makes it a total of 13 different smells!! WoW. I'm so excited for them to come and I'm so glad that Adeel and Marlen are so helpfull..... Deffinately recomend them if you want to sell or swap. Thanks guys.

Russell

Exquisite I implore you to sample Elite by Floris, its my favourite also try Spanish Leather & Eucris by Trumper.

My next purchase?

Short term: Michael by Michael Kors
    Long term: No.88 & LV's Musk
    Let your nose be your pilot

Ed,

You are going to love the Trumper's violet cream and fragrance. It calms my skin like no other cream, and makes me feel like a million bucks. Easily in my top two shave creams - the other is Taylor's rose. If you don't have it, then add it to your list. It is a bargain no less.

I would be interested to know how you like the other trumper scents.

For the hot summer, I am going to add a lime type fragrance to go with my limes cream. It is a real pick me up. I think the Miller Harris will win.

pdl

I've bought a selection of Creed samples from an ebayer - intend to buy the full size version of one or two that I like the most.

Not all of these are on the brink of purchase but a few items definitely on the radar include:

Yerbamate and Uomo - Lorenzo Villoresi
    Iris Bleu Gris - MPG
    Miel de Bois - Serge Lutens
    Tam Dao - Diptyque
    Knize Ten
    Eau des Merveilles, Mitsouko, Le Heure Bleu - Guerlain
    Ormonde Man - Ormonde Jayne
    Pour Homme, Sacrebleu - Parfums de Nicolai
    Lea St. Barth
    Floris Limes
    Melograno - Santa Maria Novella
    Homme - Ligne St. Barth
    Anne Pliska Eau de Parfum

Aaron

For me it is summer type scents for now. I havent decided which to get for sure yet:

Guerlain Vetiver
    YSL Live Jazz
    Hanae Mori HM

I am also interested in Lalique Equus and Michael by Michael Kors, but those will wait until fall for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    I've bought a selection of Creed samples from an ebayer - intend to buy the full size version of one or two that I like the most.
    If, in fact, you end up likeing Erolfa let me know. * I received a large bottle of the stuff and it does not agree with me and after a few days with it I decided it just was not for me. *I'm too lazy for ebay and will let it go for a steal just to know it is not wasted. *I'm sticking with Green Valley...the only Creed I seem to like.

This week (ok last 2 days) I'm very much obsessed with Emporio Armani. I already have (and love) the original but now I want Night and White too. And I can't wait to try the new Emporio Aramani City Glam.

Ofcourse if I wait just a few days I'll be obsessed with something else.

Boxing gloves... to keep my itchy fingers from clicking on "Buy Now". (Where will I put all these bottles? When will I ever get to wearing most of this stuf?)

Griff
    Griff

I have decided that I really need to explore Frederic Malle offerings so Musc Ravageur, plus something from Ormond Jayne, probably not Isfahan though; something older than that.

Cheers.

I also have a short and long term list:

As soon as possible:

Floris Santal

If I in Italy like what I smell, SMN Musk and Nostalgia will be bought.

Lorenzo Villoresi Musk, will try to visit the doctor (apparently you should book ahead, but my friend just rang the doorbuzzer) and if I manage then Musk will be purchased.

Long term:

Diptyque Tam Dao

Creed Original Santal - if it is as good as the pyramid implies.

L'Artisan - The passion boxed set, Ambre Extreme, Mechant Loup

AdP - Colonia Assoluta

Of course this is my current "playlist" may have very well changed next month...

MMM

Vittadini Capri
    Vittadini Venezia
    Nautica Competition
    MPG Secret Melange
    Bond New Haarlem
    R de Revillon

and lord knows what else is on the way...who can keep track?

hmmm, those Basenotes axioms were pretty good, so I'm trying not to get too crazed about Trumper's products...

In the near future...

LV: Uomo
    Nicolai: Carre d'As
    AG Mandragore
    Hermes Rocabar

S.

Tabac Blond extrait is on the way, hopefully soon thanks to Adeel.
    Lancome's Belafre is on the wish list as is
    Guerlain's Chamade Pour Homme if I can ever find it.
    A full size bottle of Santa Maria Novella's Nostalgia to go with my decant.
    Some more Jicky PdT or the extrait some day.
    Patricia de Nicolai's Baladin,
    Montale's Oud Cuir d'Arabie,
    Creed's Acier Aluminum,
    Kingdom EdP,
    Ormonde Jayne's Ormonde for Men and
    Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur rounds out the list....for now.....!

Am I the only faithfull one !! ????

I will buy my 600ml aluminium bottle refill of Eau de Hongrie from Fragonard with the shower gel and after shave balm

I must admit I do love this scent a lot and from the shower passing by the balm I finnish in style and it puts me in the right mood for the day it is not just the jasmin there is something that makes it ..........waou.

Laurent
    Invisible Power

I'm getting around 22 samples from Ipaid, thanks again for allowing me to try all sorts of different niche perfumes, and hopefully if everything works out great, a 5ml decant of Tabac Blond.

I've bought too much stuff lately. So I've had to set goals for myself, after which I can buy new stuff.

When my car is paid off I'm gonna celebrate with some Mechant Loup

When my credit cards are paid off...Voleur de Roses.

I'm putting my addiction to good use!

Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Assoluta. Could be as early as tommorow at Bergdoff Goodman.

L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme - I only have a miniture bottle and now it's time for a spray EDT. It will join Habit Rouge, Vetiver and Heritage (just got this one in a swap and absolutely think it's fantastic) in my Guerlain collection.

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree - will be back after over a five or so year absence.

Hi all,

Well...money is pretty tight but...I recently got a one ounce decant of MPG PAFRUM D'HABIT and...I have a one ounce decant of MPG ROUTE DU VETIVER on the way as well. Ummmm...I also should buy something for my 50th. Birthday in July! Perhaps...HABIT ROUGE ? That's not TOO expensive! I think I will (more than likely) buy a BOTTLE of (something) CREED for FALL. I have a sample of RUSSIAN on it's way to me thanks to a very kind BN member. I am VERY interested in sampling the new ORIGINAL SANTAL CREED.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Ordered a bunch of stuff at Scentiments today:
    Guerlain Vetiver
    DK Black Cashmere
    Versace The Dreamer
    Gucci Envy
    Sung Homme (to replace my rapidly diminishing current supply)

Claiborne Sport
    Alain Delon Iquitos

These last two are blind buys, based on reviews and comments. I'm batting a thousand on blind buys so far (2 for 2: Yang and Carven Homme) so I feel like I'm gambling with house money, and the both of them together came in under $35 for large bottles.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Claiborne Sport will do you right SmellsLike!! You have my word on it and for under $20 you can't go wrong on it..........

Havana
    Cuiron
    Worth PH
    M7

Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella

This stuff is unfreakin' believable. It's a greasemonkey's dream! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

After an irrational raid in Paris two weeks ago, I swear : No more purchases until next year.
    Miel de bois Lutens
    Eau du Fier Goutal
    Une rose + Une fleur de cassie FP
    Tubéreuse + Garrigue (NOT my nickname) MPG
    joined the queue (Guerlain Vetiver + Habit rouge, both Christmas presents)
    (all quantities for two)

Santos Concentree. Any one have a decant or bottle you may want to swap or sell?

Been planning my next purchase for awhile. Going to finally get a big (100ml) EdT of Antaeus. Werd.

Quote Originally Posted by cookesoul
    Claiborne Sport will do you right SmellsLike!! You have my word on it and for under $20 you can't go wrong on it..........
    And I'll vouch for Iquitos-a vastly underappreciated gem. You won't be sorry.

Aaron

Beyond Paradise shower gell(Loving this scent), Cologne Blanche- mens Dior Couture.

Im going to take a blind leap into some of the well like fragrances that I can't find to sample. So far my list includes:

Caron Pour Un Homme
    Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge
    Kenzo Jungle
    Hane Mori
    and maybe a Creed or Two

After that it will be back to robbing banks.

Taking in consideration that I have no money at this particular moment may be I won't purchase anything. But if I get some I'll go and buy:

1. Ralph Lauren Romance, because my bottle is almost over.

2. Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, very distinctive and original.

3. Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent, I couldn't belive my nose when I first smelled this stuff. It's great, but in Bulgaria is selled for $119. That's what is stopping me from purchasing.

4. Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent, The same.

5. Egoiste Platinum by Chanel, a classic.

6. DKNY Be Delicious

7. M7 fresh. It's not very good, I think It's untypical for Bulgaria and I'll stand out from the crowd.

Claiborne sport.

Cookesoul is right on about this one, it's the bomb!!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Definitely a big, glorious bottle of Dzing! Not excactly a summer fragrance, but I couldn't care elss. It's marvellous. Drives em insane. Love it, love it, love it. Dzing! [smiley=shocked.gif]

Long list includes:

Creed Original Vetiver

Houbigant Duc De Vervins (love the name!)

Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

Nina Ricci Signoricci

Floris No 89

Givenchy Xeryus Rouge

Hermes Equipage

Problem is I feel 30 bottles is probably a large enough wardrobe and I have 30 now. So I need to spend some time thinking about justifying some more!

Trot [smiley=grin.gif]

Looking forward to trying Creed Original Santal and possibly some MPGs; Jardin Du Nil, Centaure, Parfum d'Habit

Just some designer's fragrances:
    Paul Smith London,
    Gucci Envy,
    Relax by Davidoff (I am still waiting to be relaunched),
    Dunhill Fresh (a pleasant surprise,this is something that smells simply FRESH!)
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Oh Boy...

Dzing!
    Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Assoluta
    CDG's 1
    Patchouli Patch
    and I need a classic leather of some sort...many choices here...
    also would like some Bulgari green tea shower gel

Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I have been careful, first buying a sample, then a decant, and now I am sure I can confidently sink a chunk of cash into a bottle of MPG’s Santal Noble. The first 15 minutes are a bit off putting, but like a lot of folks of this board have maintained, the dry down is incomparable. Now I need only wait for Fall, since I am quite sure this stuff would smell pretty raunch on me in hot weather.

Since the Basenote’s consensus steered me so accurately to SN, I plan next on investigating another board favorite, BdP, to see if it works as well on me as on so many others.

evogel:

You might want to choose your source for the Baladin carefully to maximize your chances of getting a fresh bottle. I saved a couple of bucks buying a cheap bottle and I regret it. My bottle came with a round blue cap instead of the pointy blue caps de Nicolai now uses for all her high-test male fragrances. PdN probably used the round ones a while back. Anyway, my juice still smells perfectly delightful, but I can tell that some of the herbal essences have not aged gracefully, since my Baladin does not smell quite as tasty as the sample that I got from beautyhabit.com did.

Incidentally, I had excellent luck buying my bottles of New York and de Nicolai pour homme directly from PdN. They responded promptly to my first email inquiry (sent to paris@pnicolai.com). Then, I sent them half of my credit card info in one email note and the other half in a second note. The juice arrived promptly, but I have to say they were not terribly good about notifying me when the stuff shipped.

Hoped that helps you dodge a bit of aggravation.

Steely Glint:

I am not sure if the same precautions are really needed or not for Carre d’As. I never bought a full bottle of the stuff.

H.O.T. Always

John Varvatos
    Piper Nigrum - L. Villoresi
    Envy -Gucci
    M7 Fresh - YSL
    Hanae Mori

Hi E_D:

Trumpers colognes are hard to come by around here - where do you purchase your's (online?) The violet is wonderful. I love it, but it only lasts about 1/2 hour on my skin. Today I'm wearing their sandalwood and it's still going strong after about 5 1/2 hours. I enjoy many Trumper scents, but only the sandalwood has this longevity on me.
    My next purchase? Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter to Norstroms to buy her a bottle of Geir's Laila. Who know what I might find for myself ...? [smiley=grin.gif]

Karl

Magnnum: I do have elite in shaving soap and aftershave balm...it's a very nice mellow scent but i prefere JF.
    I've got the sample of eucris and you know a very strange thing....it smelled almost exactly like the herb wormwood!!! to my nose anyway. Before i got'into' scents i was fascinated by old incense formulae. i've used wormwood in a few of these and to me eucris is almost an exact replication!

Portdeluac: Yes, trumpers violet shaving cream is wonderful! i've used it before and it generally leaves a scent of violets long after i've shaved. Tried taylors products before, but i'm not a fan. I had a tub of eton college cream and after a while the scent seemed to become separated......strange.....The rose is nice but too 'light' for me. I like a much stronger scent.

I have a bottle of trumpers royal cologne. very musky,spicy. I like it

rapscallion: go to http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/ Very popular on the wetshaving boards with Americans. you'll find everything you need there. Have a look around. Check this out for delivery details, VAT free shopping etc
    http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/info.aspx?ref=infoterms

Being in the UK, i tend to buy my trumpers products from a variety of sources

ED

I'll order for the next trip to Paris
    -Habit Rouge Legere, it is a bit softener like Habit Rouge Eau de Cologne and I need
    urgent a big bottle of
    -Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum (500ml or 1000ml)

Nice weekend
    Coriolan

So I was orriginally going to buy the 13 from Adeel and Marlen but now I'm buying another 6 from Kevin (Scentsational)!

They are decants of...

Bond No. 9 Wall Street
    Versace Dreamer
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme....

...and bottles of Armani Mania and M7!!!!!!!!!!

Horay for colognes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    So I was orriginally going to buy the 13 from Adeel and Marlen but now I'm buying another 6 from Kevin (Scentsational)!

They are decants of...

Bond No. 9 Wall Street
    Versace Dreamer
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme....

...and bottles of Armani Mania and M7!!!!!!!!!!

Horay for colognes!!!

(that makes a total of 19 new scents!!!)

well since its summer i'll need some new summer scents. i just bought Dunhill Fresh and next on the wishlist is Eternity Summer 2005.

SMN, Caron, Creed, D'Orsay, MPG, Diptyque & S. Lutens

C
    CG

If I can rustle up the $$, I want to get:

Fahrenheit
    Kouros
    YSL Pour Homme
    Visit
    CSP Aqua Motu, L'Eau du Goveurneur, and/or Bois de Filao

These are on sale temporarily, so I need to decide fast whether to get them. Alas, I need to repair my car, so I may end up with nothing. [smiley=angry.gif]
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Yang by Jacques Fath
    Caron pour un Homme
    Both can't be found in my country [smiley=sad.gif]

Burberry Week end
    L'eau D'issey pour Homme--the nice metal travel spray version
    Chanel pour Monsieur--pretty expensive..
    Bvlgari BLV Notte--I like this version, not the original

DK Fuel
    Dali Laguna
    Dali Pour Homme
    YSL Opium
    CK Obsession

In the next future....

Inglese - Lorenzo Villeressi

I love it....

Creed Vintage Tabarome (refill)
    MPG Jardin Du Nil
    MPG Route De Vetiver
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Still don't own any Jicky

Something on my "pine" poll or gendarme; I cannot decide at this moment!

Hoping my wife doesn't find her way onto this board, here it goes:

- Santa Maria Novella Musk
    - Czech & Speake No. 88
    - Floris No.89 (what's up w/ the numbers?? don't ask ...)
    - Diptyque Philosykos
    - L'Artisan Mechant Loup
    - Etro Sandalo
    and finally w/o any self-restraint, Creed Original Santal

This year I should find and buy:

Impact pour Homme by Caron (september)
    Arpege pour Homme by Lanvin (september)
    Borneo 1834 SL
    Cuir Beluga Guerlain
    Olivia Giacobetti`s leather scent for Frederic Malle, if it be launched this year

and others:
    Silver Shadow Davidoff
    Vetiver The Great!!!

the new creed santal imperial.

ambre sultan and malle bigarade

It's smoldering heat in Manhattan.....Great time for Beyond Paradise..however I just got a raise at work, and need to celebrate with a decadent new juice..bought a bottle of 1# by Clive Christian about a month ago eau de parfum..WOW!! loving the attencion(nothing like it)..I think I'm ready to commit (financial suicide)..I'm going to buy the pure parfum tomorrow..maybe put a couple of diamonds on the bottle...I'm also lusting for Nostalgia (petrol, burnt rubber, leather), and Hamptons By bond. no9...

Tomorrow morning:

Habit Rouge Eau Legére
    Dunhill Fresh
    M7 Fresh
    Sisley's Eau de Campagne
    Eau par Kenzo pour homme
    D&G Masculine
    Roger & Gallet's Cologne (a very good one, have to try it!)

Next week:
    Eau Sauvage, Polo Blue, Eau D'Orange Vert Concentrée (musts on my shelf)

A bottle of Beer - sorry, Geir for dr.creed [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon