Code of Conduct

Default Live Jazz Experience

I just got my hands on a bottle of Live Jazz and am very excited. I have some issues and questions though - so here goes...

I heard about this fragrance here on Basenotes. I searched locally for it and was not able to find it here in NYC. I finally got hold of a bottle tonight and tried it. Here is my experience.

I really liked the scent as I spayed it on. It smells exactly like the members here reported. I knew I would like it - as I like these type of scents.

I began to notice that the scent was fading. I was a bit dissapointed at first. As time went on (we are taking about a half of an hour here), I noticed that the scent all but disappeared on my skin. Needless to say, I was a lot more disappointed. Huh.

I tried reapplying and over applying. This helps. I really like this scent, but it seems subtle. Can anyone give me some ideas about this fragrance in general, and the following in particular:

1.) Besides applying an unscented lotion and then layering Live Jazz over it, is there any way to increase the lasting power of this one (I think I know the answer to this).

2.) Can anyone come up with some layering combinations that would work any magic here of any kind?

Ok, that's about all for now. Thanks in advance. ~S.

Default Re: Live Jazz Experience

I didn't care for Live Jazz much.

I felt that it was very standard in citrus fragrances and didn't offer anything unique... on me anyway.

Also, it did fade quickly.

On me it lasts very well so I don't have any tips, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mikediscoli
    I felt that it was very standard in citrus fragrances and didn't offer anything unique... on me anyway.
    Just MHO but rhubarb and mint notes make Live Jazz very different from most citrus scent. They might not be so unusual now, but they sure were when Live Jazz was launched in 1998. [smiley=wink.gif]

Live Jazz has been a summer staple for me since it was launched, it always feels good to wear it and it always gets compliments! [smiley=smiley.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Right on.

I wanted to enjoy it more, but I only smelled a citrus, nothing that really stood-out for me was noticable.

I used to like it, but can't stand the mint note now. There's no need to make an already citrus fragance sooo flighty by adding mint to it. It tends to burn off the citrus notes in its airiness, IMO.

Live Jazz has a very good lasting power on me and I consider it to be rather strong with decent sillage. Maybe your nose is getting used to it quickly? Have you asked anyone else whether they can still sense it on you? If I kept reapplying it it would definitely be an overkill.

Life Jazz is a very aquatic, minty, even citric subtle experience; concentrated in a marvelous bottle that speaks loudly about the contents. A fragrance that must be waiting for a very high humidity summer in everyone's shelf.

I too recently purchased Live Jazz and i too have had a similar experiance. The first to times i sprayed it on the first time being when i bought it tested and the second was the next day when it was my SOTD. Both times i could hardly smell it for more than two hours.

Than i waited a couple of days and tried it again 5 sprays worth and i finally was able to smell it for an extended period of time and i liked it alot. It is a weak fragrance though so next time ill put on 6 sprays

This also happend when i bought The Dreamer. i thought it was fake or the fragrance went bad. For the first 3 times i wore it i could hardly smell it, so i was extremly pissed. I waited a couple of weeks and tried it again 5 sprays and it ended up being one the strongest and most cloying fragrances i know.

So i think you have to just try it again in a week or so, cause your suffering from scent fatique.

I enjoy Live Jazz quite a bit, as I do all of YSL's scents, but for the fresh area I would give more credit to the regular Jazz. Smells like watery flowers and some citrus very nice. Also last a long time.