Code of Conduct

Default Trumpers Sandalwood vs Creed Santal Imperial

Hey folks,

Anyone try both the trumpers sandalwood and the creed santal imperial? Are they similar or different? Looking for creamy sandalwood scent.

-S
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Default Re: Trumpers Sandalwood vs Creed Santal Imperial

the trumper's may be more "creamy", but each has its own signature "brand" stamp on it. the most important point is...the creed santal will last hours more than the trumpers. I enjoy the creed santal very much, it makes me feel good to wear it. I shave with the trumpers cream also, mellow stuff. I like it too.

The Trumper's sandalwood is infinitely more potent so get it if you want more of a sandalwood effect; however, the Creed Santal Noble is tamer, taking time to evolve and develop into a finale of soft sensuality ...

I personally wouldn't assign the term creamy to either. Imperial contains tonka and ambergris which tips it to oriental side. Trumpers is sweet with citrus and florals and lasts until the cows come home. I've used both extensively and find them to be extraordinary. Try Santal by Floris if your in the mood for something smoother. Excellent.

John

I respectfully disagree that Trumpers last longer than the Creed sandlewood. I mean, trumpers fades before lunch time ....on me at least. Whilst, creed lasts into the evening although fant.

Good call on the "creamy" distinction. Absolutely correct. I am wearing them today to refresh my memory. Not much creamy here. The Trumpers is more like sandlewood only....without the interference of other notes.

Maybe shaving with the cream, then using the balm confuses my sense of the cologne itself.

Very tasteful correction. Thanks.

My choice is still th creed. It rings my bell man. I enjoy it.

On me, the Trumpers lasts much longer than the Creed. The Creed is somehow, there, echoing in soft nuances, but the Trumpers actually has a presence that I can detect.

I am a HUGE sandalwood fan, and am STILL waiting for the perfect sandalwood that is rich, creamy, and lasting...I would suggest, however, you also check out Diptyque's Tam Dao, MPG's Santal Noble, Etro Sandalo and for a surprise, Armand Basi Homme, cinnamon and sandalwood.

marlen

Thanks for the replies. Is the Trumpers Sandalwood a cologne splash or an EdT?
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

MPG's Santal Noble

That's it Marlin. Good one. Thanks for including that one. I must find a bottle of this to hoard all to myself.

This whole discussion has me into a sandlewood phase. I've been using something diff. every day, but shaving and aftershaving with pure sandlewood creams.

Too bad my wife does not care for it.

I love sandalwood too. Some sleepers are Art of Shaving Sandalwood and KM Bois de Santal. I also like LV Sandalo but its dry rather than creamy, the rosewood in it is great.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!