Code of Conduct

Default Annick Goutal: Eau Du Sud

I'm in the mood for something citrusy. Based on my reading of some recent writings here I've decided to try Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud. I already have the Eau d'Hadrien, and like it very much. Can someone clue me in on what I can expect from du Sud?

Also, it appears that Scentiments has absolutely the lowest prices out there. Is there a reason for this (I'm hoping that this is not an old stock that they might be trying to un-load).

Thanks!

Default Re: Annick Goutal: Eau Du Sud

1) Eau de Sud is a wonderful blend of limes, verbena, mint and basil with a hint of cumin I believe. On me, it is a bright, refreshing, yet substantial, green citrus scent, and my favorite from AG.

2) I have been shopping at Scentiments for over 10 years and have never had a problem. They are one of the best on-line fragrance discount sites.

marlen

I get a sense of cypress wood in there too, and Sud seems to last longer on me than Eau d'Hadrien. One of my faves that I wear at least once a week.

You might consider Nuit d'Hadrien too. All three are unique enough to justify a bottle of each, and all just as pleasant.

Thanks for your opinion guys. I now have the following on order:

Eau du Sud
    Duel
    Eau de Monsieur

Can't wait to get them! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Hi !

I would like an advice about Eau du Sud's reformulation. Has it been started with the new packaging ?

Do you think it is the pre-reformulated version with the former bottle ? I saw some on perfume.com or les parfums rares.

Many thanks !

Not a fan of Eau du Sud. Eau d'Hadrien is lot better and a masterpiece imo. You might also want to try Nuit Etoilée, which has a very nice soothing minty accord

Quote Originally Posted by Aloxe View Post
    Hi !

I would like an advice about Eau du Sud's reformulation. Has it been started with the new packaging ?

Do you think it is the pre-reformulated version with the former bottle ? I saw some on perfume.com or les parfums rares.

Many thanks !
    There's no way I can be called a 'nose' but it smelt the same to me recently -- in the new packaging.

Do you know for a fact that it has been reformulated?

I am very far from being an expert but the opening is now much more like Eau Sauvage current version, more "diluted". Hence my interrogation about the older packaging for purchasing. If there are any Goutal's connoisseurs

Thanks OneTimeOnePlace for your suggestions !

Basenotes Plus

I realize what I'm about to state is a sad commentary, but I think the discontinued pior version of Eau du Sud is a better (but not ideal) substitute for vintage Sauvage than the current reformulated Sauvage. Where the reformulated Goutal shakes out, I can't say.

Compromises.

Love Eau Du Sud - a nice citrus opening mix with mint and a wonderful vetiver and patchouli dry down.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

cancel

Thanks schnozz for your precisions Have you got other alternatives to Eau sauvage ?

I guess this new packaging coincide with Eau du Sud's reformulation. Has anyone else noticed a difference ?
    Last edited by Aloxe; 16th May 2015 at 08:32 AM.

This is one I fully expected to love. Much that I read described something that it was going to be a no brainer that it would sit among my favorites, but unfortunately that was not to be. I go back with Eau Sauvage from 1984 and wore all those citruses (armani pour homme, goutal eau d'hadrian, YSL PH etc) but Eau due Sud just seems rather weak to me, and honestly the one thing I seem to get from it is a smell of celery salt. The bottle I have is pre formulation and when I received it, I forgot that Annick Goutals spray bottles do unscrew, so I thought maybe someone had diluted it, but then I bought another smaller bottle (in the woman's bottle) and it's the same smell. I dunno. Your mileage may vary, but the only Eau Sauvage replacement is Eau Sauvage.

annick2.jpg

I really wish I had loved this one. I haven't tried Eau de Monsieur, but I would like to.

Thanks vertatre !