Code of Conduct

Thread: Fresh Cut Grass

Default Fresh Cut Grass

Yes I know there will be a slew of Vetiver suggestions, but
    there is this "Fresh Cut Grass" candle available at Target which just smells so darn good.
    Now does any vetiver or other scent anywhere close to this ?

Gotham

Default Re: Fresh Cut Grass

Creed OV comes pretty close, at least the top notes. Also very similiar Muglers Cologne.

A fragrance which is the epitome of fresh cut grass, to me, is L'Eau de L'Artisan

Though it was yucky when I last tried it, Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic smells like fresh cut grass. I should try it again.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I haven't smelled it but there is a Demeter fragrance called "Grass" which you may want to check out.

Try Herba Fresca from the Guerlain line of aromatic waters.

Try Givenchy Greenergy

CK Truth
    Yves Rocher Bamboo

I'd second Creed's OV - recently acquired a sample and freshly cut grass was my first impression of this scent ... it's very refreshing & invigorating (and the vetiver doesn't completely dominate like in Guerlain's Vetiver)

Sisley's Eau de Campagne and Lancome's Trophee are also excellent.

Guerlain Vetiver!

Well, TSAR by VC&A smells just like fresh cut grass and wet earth! Great stuff.

Just watch out for lawnmowers when wearing this one!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Oh, also HOMME DE GRES smells like grass..but more bitter.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I`ll second for CK Truth.

I'll second Guerlain's Herba Fresca. You should also try Comme des Garcon's Calamus, which for me comes very close to fresh cut grass.

It's so strange that nobody named LV Yerbamate: it has a strong top note of cut grass! Indeed also Guerlain Herba fresca is very close tu cut grass.

Joop What about Adam and Villoresi Yerbamate.

Mediterraneum for men
    if you`ll be so lucky to find it
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Gap Grass!

I've just tried Neroli Eau de Parfum by L'Occitane. The topnotes are very very grassy with a hint of orange. Unusual but not bad.

I'll second two already mentioned above: L'Eau de L'Artisan and LV's Yerbamate, though Yerbamate is definitely fresh hay in the top and not "grass" like the L'Artisan.

SMN also has a scent called Hay which is very nice, though I only have a roll on decant, which makes it harder to pick up for my nose...I really do prefer atomizers to allow the scent to blossom...but still, a very nice spring / summer scent that reminds me of driving through the countryside.

Thanks fellas. Yes I wore CK Truth today and doesnlt smell like fresh cut grass but it does smell like the candle I was talking about, Guerlain;' Herba Fresca and perhaps Yerbamate I have to try out.
    I need to get rid of 10 scents I donlt like anymore first !

Gotham

Guerlain Herba Fresca - great grassy/mint combination
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

LV- Yerbamate.

Good Day.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

It may just be me but I've always thought Clinique's Happy was about equal parts orange zest and freshly cut grass, with a push mower, no less.

I'll second Joop What About Adam. Greeeeen and fresh. My current favourite.

The top notes of Lanvin Oxygene is like a mix between motor mowed grass and the smell of hotel outdoor swimming pools, very entertaining and interesting beginning. But then the white musk comes along in the drydown and makes it kind of dull, one dimensional and a bit like warm grass and sweat... he he he this is not helping anyone is it. My bad

/Tobbe

commes de carcons vetiveru comes close. It is my favorite fresh scent. not a heavy veitiver at all. fresh cut as you say. thanks dave.

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest
    It may just be me but I've always thought Clinique's Happy was about equal parts orange zest and freshly cut grass, with a push mower, no less.
    Westie !! Nice to see you post again !

Yes Happy has that Sharp tangy burst in the beginning which is tea-like to me though there is no tea in it. Ilm wondering what yuzu is, as mentioned in the pyramid.
    Obviously fresh-cute grass is fresh-cut grass.. nothing can really replicate that smell.. there are interoretations and extracts and what not but still when you cut the grass yo get that smell and cannot be trapped in a bottle identically I suppose.

Oxygene by Lnavin is Horrible ! Smells like BO all the way, except for a soapy later note...

Gotham

Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit that smells similar to grapefruit, yet slightly more lemony.

Ya know, CSP's Motu always reminds me of a hot summer day after the grass has been cut and rain has fallen. And Kenzo pour Homme is very green and mossy. Floral designer Herve Gambs has a home/body spray actually called "grass" which has a fresh, slightly sweet green aroma that is pretty close. And one of my favorite green scents for warmer weather is Trophee Lancome - green, green, green.

Have u ever tried Creed's Selection Verte (minty) or Green Valley (lavender)?

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit that smells similar to grapefruit, yet slightly more lemony.
    Its what gives L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme that sharp bite in the opening. Anytime I think of yuzu, this scent immediately comes to mind.

Just thought of another one, CDG Series 1 Mint