Code of Conduct

Default Salvador Dali pour homme

I tried this today. It could be the weirdest thing I've ever smelled. I haven't tried Dzing, but I've worn Kingdom, Yatagan and Bandit. So in general I like weird things.

But SDPH smells like hot tar and poisonous herbs. It smells demonic.

Has the bottle gone bad? Or is this the way it's supposed to smell?

Default Re: Salvador Dali pour homme

That is the way it is supposed to smell!
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Yes, it's always smelled weird to me too.
    Renato

I keep thinking of Rosemary's Baby, where they give Mia Farrow a pendant with a bit of dried herb in it and she says "It has the oddest smell!" and they smile and say "It's called tannis root. You'll get uuuuused to it."

Is there a right way to wear this one? Half a spritz total I suppose?

I love it! Very sexy (on me, at least)! [smiley=cool.gif]
    It dries down quite powdery, but still stays heavy and "dark". It's got that gothic green walk-in-the-forst-at-mignight note in it too.
    I would liken it to scents like: Zino, Envy, KL Homme, van Cleef and Arpels, Ho Hang Club.
    SD pour homme is a night time scent. I would describe it as Jeckyll and Hyde. Wear it when you have to start the evening a good boy, but can be as bad as you like later on........ [smiley=evil.gif]
    It's one of those classics that you really have to wear on your skin for a whole day before passing judgement.

Enjoy!
    Gavin

If it is named after the artist Salvador Dali it is supposed to be weird and dark you must admit

Its surreal ....Its very Dali!

One of the best scent that actually sums up a madman-genius.

Are we talking "Lips?"

Sour? Weird? Not to me! I get strong leather with flowers!

Yes, it IS heavy and dark, just like it's supposed to be!

This is one of all time great scents! Read the reviews at the Directory!

Damn.... Ive got to add to the wardrobe again... Tar Rosemarys Baby Sexy ... Oh yeh I'm there ! [smiley=shocked.gif]

This is my all time favorite scent, but it is something I don't wear very often because there are so few times when I feel it is appropriate. I mean I get a hint of gasoline (which I love) out of this one after it dries down a bit and there aren't too many places where I feel a powdery petrol smell is the right thing to wear. But I am going out to a party tonight so I may just have to do a very, very light application of SDph, either that or CDG Skai, hmm... gasoline or plastic? Which do I feel like tonight?

I got this last summer and am on my second bottle. To me this is a very androgynous scent that could easily smell awesome on the right woman. And about the demonic thing, read my review of this here on basenotes.
    Awesomeguy

- Salvador Dali pour Homme
    - Le Roy Soleil Homme
    - Laguna Homme

Which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I got this last summer and am on my second bottle. To me this is a very androgynous scent that could easily smell awesome on the right woman. And about the demonic thing, read my review of this here on basenotes.

Rosbergs3, your review is just about dead on. I would only add that the hooded figures are definitely coming in your direction and they do not look friendly.

And if you're on your second bottle (a feat of scent wearing bravado that has probably been seldom equalled here on Basenotes or elsewhere) I take it that most of the time people do not run out of the room in horror when you walk in. So you've obviously figured out the right way to wear this scent, which I would say is at least as... um... challenging as CdG Garage (which itself smells like an oil slick on a dirty cement floor).

So how many spritzes? Just one on your torso, which you then dab your wrists into?

And do you do this before or after invoking a pentagram of protection? If any scent could open portals between realms, this one probably could.

Laguna Homme= Salty sea spray with some vanilla thrown in. Yum.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

This one has taken me a while, I'd admit. When I initially tried it, I was taken aback - its vile! I exclaimed - its a joke!!! a cologne that truly smells like a sewer and feces!!! its a joke! Then, the curiosity got the best of me, what in the hell was with this odd bottle, with the lips cap that smells so bizarre - I tried it more.. Then I experienced how it developed, how it warmed up, how it started to emit its deep richness and floral leather accord - it's another one on my to get list now.

The hot tar and poisonous herbs sounds intriguing enough and I've always been curious about this scent, but the leather and sh!t note ideas drive me off. I could own one just for the bottle. I like fresh so maybe I should stick with Le Roy Soleil and move on. Either check back into the Gallo program or go off and start ordering blind again?

Quote Originally Posted by scenthound
    I could own one just for the bottle. I like fresh so maybe I should stick with Le Roy Soleil and move on. Either check back into the Gallo program or go off and start ordering blind again?
    If the bottle intrigues you enough then go for it, you may or may not like what is inside the bottle, but if you like the container enough the contents don't matter.

SDph could never be described as fresh, but while I like my Rochas Aquaman, my CdG Sherbert Series Peppermint and all the other "fresh" scents I own there is just something about SDph that keeps drawing me back.

Quote Originally Posted by scenthound
    The hot tar and poisonous herbs sounds intriguing enough and I've always been curious about this scent, but the leather and sh!t note ideas drive me off. I could own one just for the bottle. I like fresh so maybe I should stick with Le Roy Soleil and move on. Either check back into the Gallo program or go off and start ordering blind again?
    I personally don't get any leather or sh!t from SDph, just the hot tar and poisonous herbs - so hounddog, maybe you'd love it.

Re the bottle, the packaging seems to imply it's based on a detail from a Dali painting. A bulbous blobby thing with lips on top of it, "Apparition du visage de l'Aphrodite de Cnide dans un paysage."

Le Roy Soleil has nothing whatever to do with SDph. I think LRS is very good and it's grown on me a lot. But you will have to make independing purchasing decisions about them.

Unfortunately I seem to be enabling you since I seem to be implying you should get both. So I'll shut up now.

Hot tar and poisonous herbs? Can't wait to try it!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by ExianNYC
    [quote author=scenthound link=1118978110/15#15 date=1119372853]The hot tar and poisonous herbs sounds intriguing enough and I've always been curious about this scent, but the leather and sh!t note ideas drive me off. I could own one just for the bottle. I like fresh so maybe I should stick with Le Roy Soleil and move on. Either check back into the Gallo program or go off and start ordering blind again?
    I personally don't get any leather or sh!t from SDph, just the hot tar and poisonous herbs - so hounddog, maybe you'd love it.

Unfortunately I seem to be enabling you since I seem to be implying you should get both. *So I'll shut up now.[/quote]

yeaowzier!

I bought an original miniature, but hated how it looked there and then. I owned Le Roy Soleil at that time and had the chance to go for it for one or two $.

The juice smelled very masculine to me, but not in a way I wanted to be noticed by others.
    I only used some drops to test it several times on my arms, but 7ml was way too much, so I sold it again. If the mini looked good at least I would have kept it, but these lips - these lips ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon