Code of Conduct

Default Fraiche Badiane - Question?

Hello everyone, what's up?

I just bought a bottle of Fraiche Badiane from another member. I didn't know what to expect, but I had, in my mind, a citrus and anise blend.

I did a full skin test today, and its not really what I expected. I get a lemon dominated musty citrus fragrance that reminds me a lot of Chanel PMC, Ungaro II, YSL PH Concentree, etc. I actually notice a bit of something Kouros(esque) hanging around there somewhere. I don't really get any anise from this fragrance. I am looking very hard for anise, and I can't really find any. I don't get any blueish spices that I have heard from a couple reviews.

Whats going on? I'd like some input. Am I out of my mind? Can anyone talk to me about this fragrance.

Thanks.

Default Re: Fraiche Badiane - Question?

IPaid.., you should be able to single out the chinese anise note almost the moment you spritz, although it becomes more prominant as the scent dries down. Try it on a clear nose, after the shower, while sipping coffee.
    MPG's Badian reminds me of Dior's Eau Sauvage but with a STRONG whiff of anise (the bigger seeds that come from China). I love Badian.

Thats very odd. I will give it another try today. Thanks for the help!

Maybe you should try Eau du Badian by L'Occitane. I'm sure you'll find aniseed in it. An excellent fragrance, very subtle but with an only average staying-power.

Wearing this today and OH MY GOD I LOVE IT!

think I'm gonna be on a bottle hunt soon. to expand on my SOTD post:

A bit like if Eau Sauvage and AdP Colonia had a roll in a grassy flowerbed while voyeur Kouros peeks on from behind a nearby tree.

I like this scent as well. Pretty strong lemony opening and as usual, a strong natural smell in it. From the coupon thread below, there is a 25% coupon from Beauty Habit. Not bad for 25% off from $110. Also, if anyone is interested in MPG's Bahiana, there is a bottle on eBay right now. Sorry to throw this thread off...

I've never smelled it.

It's classified as a mossy woods chypre in the Edwards book.