Code of Conduct

Default Estée Lauder wants to buy YSL Beauté?

WWD.com

Lauder, YSL Speculation Discounted.

PARIS — Speculation has reignited in Europe that the Estee Lauder Cos. might be out to acquire YSL Beaute. But knowledgeable market sources sharply dismissed the possibility on Monday.

YSL Beaute is Gucci Group's beauty arm, which includes the Yves Saint Laurent, Van Cleef & Arpels, Oscar de la Renta, Roger & Gallet, Alexander McQueen, Ermenegildo Zegna and Stella McCartney brands.

Spokeswomen for Lauder and Gucci both declined all comment, citing their companies' policies against responding to market speculation.

While some luxury analysts have suggested YSL Beaute is not a core competency for Gucci Group, industry sources Monday dismissed the idea Lauder would make such a large acquisition. Also, Gucci Group is believed to consider its beauty arm integral since it is profitable.

Market sources estimate a company like YSL Beaute would sell for one-and-a-half to two times revenues. Last year, it generated sales of 630.4 million euros, or $765.7 million.

Default Re: Estée Lauder wants to buy YSL Beauté?

strange, i thought i read somewhere that good ole Tom Ford is sposed to be doing some kind of revamp on Estee Lauder, i think it was on Youth Dew.

Default Re: Estée Lauder wants to buy YSL Beauté?

oh good gosh the world is coming to an end if Lauder gets their hands on Opium...Kouros...NO NO NO!!!!!

I must admit YSL Beauty has been slipping on the quaility I guess the days of attention to detail and quality are gone & the days of fast food fragrance like lauder are in