Code of Conduct

Default Where to buy No. 88...newbie first post

Hi, *First post to basenotes, but I have been learking for months. *I have a good collection going, but actually what got me interested in collecting fragerance was my search for info on Czech & Speake No. 88. * I had read a bit about how Ozzy Ozborne (not that I'm a big Ozzy fan) wore this stuff as his signature scent, and how great it was, with people noticing it everywhere he went. * It got me thinking how a scent could be a true part of a mans "persona", and how finding a truly exclusive scent would be the way I would want to go. *Not just another "me too" scent. *Anyways, I've now tried, purchased, and love GIT, MI, Bond Wallstreet, RL Purple Label (perhaps my favorite), and many others...but I have never been able to try the one that began it all for me, No. 88. *It's very hard to find in the US, and always out of stock, or apparently out of production temporarily, so it's impossible to locate in stock. * *Does any one know how to get it? *I would happily pay for a bottle. * BTW, I'm in San Diego, CA USA.

Of course basenotes turned me onto a few other truly exclusive scents that I will have to try sometime, such as Clive Christenson No. 1, and Taboc Blond. *But for now, I MUST find No. 88. *Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Where to buy No. 88...newbie first post

I got a decant from jdubyah.
    While I liked the drydown, the topnotes smelled too much like rosewater. I passed the decant on to someone else.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I don't care about Ozzy, but No. 88 is TOP! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

No problem to buy! You can get it from first-in-fragrance.com!

Be prepared for paying $140.00 for the bottle plus shipping.

Worth it? [smiley=happy.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I bought mine from Cambridge Chemists website. I think they are a high end 'drugstore' in NYC.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Yes, Cambridge Chemists is where I've found the line. They also have C&S Cuba, though it's not on their website the last I saw (I ordered over the phone--it's definately worth checking out if you like a tobacco scent).
    The Bark Bites Back.

The Bark Bites Back.

Thanks so much everyone. I ordered it just now from Cambridge Chemists. Cant wait to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    I got a decant from jdubyah.
    While I liked the drydown, the topnotes smelled too much like rosewater. *I passed the decant on to someone else.

...that someone is me. If I only like it a little bit I'll let you know and maybe pass it on to you...

If ever there was a fragrance to define me, it would be no other than no.88 [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. I just lurrrvvveee this scent, the otto rose note takes me to another world.

Strange enough this scent tends to be out of order from the main shop on Jermyn street in London.

Great purchase dude, let me know how you get on RonF....

Let your nose be your pilot

Apparently Czech & Speake have had 'supplier' problems since the beginning of the year when I enquired. New batches should of been delivered this month. I think they held stock back for 'walk through' customers at their Jermyn St store and stopped shipments for online orders.

Hello fellow Basenoters,

Anyone here willing to sell me a decant?

I'm also interested in this fragrance & had planned a blind purchase through the Cambridge Chemist website; but, $100 will be a big dent in the wallet if it doesn't live up to the hype ... :-(

Thanks in advance.

~Nick