Code of Conduct

Default Today's purchase: Geir

My daughter wanted a bottle of Laila for her graduation present (Eighth-grade, she's 14. I guess I'm doing something right.), so it was off to Nordstom's this a.m. Geir Ness was there, so she had the opportunity to say hello. He's really quite nice. He talked to her, massaged her hands with Laila body cream and powder, a spray or two of perfume, autographed a photo, signed her bottle of Laila, gave her a free bottle of perfume oil (all purchasers received one), and gave her a big hug. (I didn't get a hug.) It made her day, which of course made mine. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Oh, and of course I bought my bottle of Geir [smiley=thumbsup.gif], but that's another story.

Default Re: Today's purchase: Geir

I always wondered about that one,the Geir Ness that is. What kind of scent is it?

Greatt. You've taught your younge well. I've wanted to buy Geir Ness for a long time after recieving a sample and I deffinatly envy your purchase. Its such a well crafted scent and perfect for summer (in my opinion).

Congrats to your Daughter as well! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

HI Eric:
    I don't have the vocabulary to describe scent notes, but here's what the box says:
    "The power of crisp Norwegian montains blended with wild herbs, wet woods and natural oils... creates this clean, distinctive and sensual scent."
    Great copy (but how do you blend the"power of crisp Norwegian mountains?).

It's a very clean scent, but not like citrus or sea scents. Very long lasting.
    I applied two sprays this afternoon and three times tonight my fiance commented on how great I smelt. (Which made me wonder if I usually smell badly. [smiley=huh.gif])
    It will probably be my numero uno summer scent.

Karl, I was just thinking it's been a while since someone mentioned GEIR. I've always wanted to try this one but never had the opportunity. does anyone know an internet supplier who would ship GEIR international? Hope your daughter enjoys her fragrance...all the more special because you bought it for her!

Hello Aztec:
    Gier has a web site. I usually locate it by doing a web search for Laila perfume. It will link you to Gier edp. The only other source I found is Nordstom's. They have the exclusive for Geir.
    I hope this helps.

For the longest time I hated Geir it was fragrance overload! Deep overwhelming lavender against damp woods and floral and grasses. The scent was as powerful as Joop and just turned me sour.

Two years later I tried it again this time I did not spray it on my skin but walked through a mist of the scent. It was wonderful light lasting but not overwhelming. I've been wearing it since.

Personally I don't know why this had to be made in only EDP strength. An EDT would have been just as fine.

Advice! Its a great scent but just don't over do the spraying or you'll ruin the whole thing.

New Jersey

Geir is absolutely wonderful, but you have to be cautious with it because it is one of the few scents whose intensity increases during the day. Geir is Caron Pour Un Homme's grandson. More modern, and subtle ... at first. It smells completely natural.

Definitely a lavender-vanilla combination. I'm thinking myrrh as well. It starts with the subtlety of Molinard Homme I. The vanilla is reminiscent of L'Occitane Eau des Vanilliers.

Because the scent is so subtle though, you may be tempted to apply this like you would an EDT or a citrus to get that little extra oomph.

Do not do this.

First, remember the scent is EDP. A little goes a long way. Secondly, the scent tends to get stronger as the day goes on. If you overapply, it can become overwhelming. I swear I almost threw up the last time I wore it; I overapplied it. I would say three shots maximum - one to the chest, one to the back of the knee, and one to the back of the wrist.

It is very refined and elegant, but please please use this scent gingerly.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Also, do NOT smell Geir right off the bottle, it smells just too strong and sweet.

It's much, much better on the skin after it dries down for a few minutes.
    keepin' it musky
    Currently wearing: Frapin 1270 by Frapin

Grats on the Geir purchase! I concur with the others in that you need to go light on the trigger finger. The first time I smelled it, I thought it was way too cloying. Now, I use the walk through method, and it lasts all day on me.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Viva by Profumum